***Big 12 Championships (Sat./Sun.)***

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Ya, I didn’t do that. But thank you Jacqueline for all your coverage.

And not sure a coach would talk about that. Would be putting a bullseye on him.
There’s no doubt Yonger is hurting. Dresser doesn’t want to disclose what the injury is to the media for guys to target in a week and a half. I’m also guessing Yonger hasn’t had to compete this banged up before as freestyle is less of a grind than a college folkstyle season. Probably a bit of Yonger needing to learn how to mentally compete with his injuries and find a way to gut it out to the best of his ability (much easier said than done)

Reactions: 4theheckofit

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
After embracing he threw him to the mat. My initial thought was damn he is getting old for that, then I remembered that Brent Metcalf and I are very different.

I have been told that Metcalf and Carr go at it in the room and Carr doesn’t come out on top alot

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I thought the stall was correct also. Didn’t want it to be, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think it was close to being called when it was.
Stalling at the end of the match was the right call. David didn’t know he got hit with a stall from the standing rear position, or else he would’ve wrestled the last 15 seconds differently. Unfortunate, but ended up being ok in the end

Cyfan2021

Mar 5, 2023
David Carr is the man. It was incredible how he was able to stop those two takedown attempts, it’s seemed at least one was going to go the other way.

Johnson is a stud, looking forward to see how he does in the tournament.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I’ll be curious to see where Shane Griffith ends up for seeding.

He’s lost a few late, I’m guessing around a 7 to 10 seed and I would not want to see him if I’m one of those higher seeds. He brings it at the NCAAs.

Reactions: alabamacyclone

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Ya, I didn’t do that. But thank you Jacqueline for all your coverage.

And not sure a coach would talk about that. Would be putting a bullseye on him.
Both Metcalf and Dresser mentioned that Yonger is a bit banged up but that he has to fight through that mentally, because everyone else is banged up to at this point in the season. It's on Jacqueline's videos....they most definitely said it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The Flo guys (Minus Askren) watched the match live last night. It's interesting and kinda funny. CP threw his glasses off, he couldn't believe David pinned him. Apparently Askren just text "F*ck" after the match to CP.

Starts about 1hr 20 min into this or so.

Dirtguy4CY

May 4, 2022
I thought the stall was correct also. Didn’t want it to be, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think it was close to being called when it was.

Full disclosure, I was very surprised O’Toole wasn’t credited with that takedown, also.
I also think that should have been 2 for O'Toole at the edge of the mat. Not trying to discredit David at all, he had a hell of a match once again.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron