Someone say the silent part out loud for me

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Watching the game live I sincerely thought the reffing was some of the worst reffing I’ve ever seen in my life. And I felt LSU got the benefit of that. But whatever.

if that had been Iowa State playing yesterday with reffing like that in the national championship game, I would be furious.

Can’t say for sure, but I doubt the reffing would’ve change the outcome of the game because LSU was on fire.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
I didn't see it that way at all. That was a bad call, no bones about it. But the idea that something was working against Clark in some major way is just patently false. She's the biggest start in CBB, men's or women's, bar none, and of course they would have loved her to get a championship.
Um, no. She chucked the ball behind her back out of bounds. Had it not hit a cameraman, it goes into the stands. That’s a mini-tantrum, it’s whiny, and it’s immediately an easy technical foul, in both the men’s and women’s game. Star players shouldn’t get away with that shi*t. They had already given the iowa bench a warning - hand the ball to the ref and don’t do sh*t like that, especially when you’re light years better than any other player on the court. Be above that.

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
Why would the NCAA want to intentionally screw the biggest star in WBB out of winning a championship? I keep seeing people say(not all Hawk fans) that the game was not reffed fairly towards both ends and that "you know why" they wouldn't want Clark to be a national champion, which is why the game was fixed for LSU.

But I actually do not know why. At all. I'm beyond confused. Someone help.
B4509849-5D0B-4A14-8905-6D849B935863.jpeg 85AE4E88-9FE5-4273-A6EB-245198FA172F.jpeg 8736CBF4-3D17-4404-AD40-6E7AE241C9FA.jpeg 72DFA081-C3DF-4ED3-9EEF-FF0F9D253F84.jpeg BDC6304A-62E0-4197-8157-E903DC9E0A3F.jpeg Here’s what they are insinuating

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Um, no. She chucked the ball behind her back out of bounds. Had it not hit a cameraman, it goes into the stands. That’s a mini-tantrum, it’s whiny, and it’s immediately an easy technical foul, in both the men’s and women’s game. Star players shouldn’t get away with that shi*t. They had already given the iowa bench a warning - hand the ball to the ref and don’t do sh*t like that, especially when you’re light years better than any other player on the court. Be above that.

We'll have to agree to disagree. It wasn't delaying the game, it wasn't "chucked", she basically rolled it, and the only effect it had on the game was giving a transcendent player their 4th foul in what should be a showcase for your sport. You apparently think that's a good thing, I don't.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
LSU is a really good defensive team and Iowa is a really good offensive team. Not sure how anyone can disagree with that.
I didn’t say they weren’t a good defensive team, I said giving up 85 is not good defense. Iowa state is considered to be a good MBB defensive team and we allowed Some teams to go off on us when we played poorly those nights.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So it took 4 pages for someone to address the OP title. Something that seems to come up in every other topic within a few posts. Everyone has to have a reason for not reaching the top of the mountain and you can't look to within to see a problem. It not always someone else fault.
Wonder if those posters felt the same way the game before???

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
The refs were incompetent, but I don't think they had a bias.

The technical on Clark was some of the weakest **** I'd ever seen, and if I were an Iowa fan, I'd be apoplectic.
Most Iowa fans aren’t blaming the refs for the loss. But I find it amusing that a lot of this thread is defending the refs on the T on Clark.

If this happened to ISU’s star player in a Natty, the reaction would be exactly the same.

That said, it’s exactly what you don’t want from NCAA perspective. You have record viewership tuning in to watch stars on both sides and their impact was reduced by officials that didn’t have that awareness. Now instead capitalizing on the momentum a lot of the national narrative has been surrounding the officiating.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
We'll have to agree to disagree. It wasn't delaying the game, it wasn't "chucked", she basically rolled it, and the only effect it had on the game was giving a transcendent player their 4th foul in what should be a showcase for your sport. You apparently think that's a good thing, I don't.
It does not look like a roll from the video. And they already had a delay warning

Reactions: VeloClone

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Creates a massive redemption story for her next year. ESPN can spin this Iowa team for an entire year about their hunt for a natty.
I suppose that could be a thing. If so then ESPN is really stupid because its really damn hard to advance in the tournament

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016

Absolutely horrifying stuff, but the very last post gets right to what the rest of them really wanted to say but feared they couldn't. Same with many of the Twitter Hawks who go on about "homegrown Iowa talent" and "Clark was raised better than Reese," "I'm proud that my team was classy," etc. Just cut the pretense, drop the N word and let the world know who you really are

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
Wonder if those posters felt the same way the game before???
It comes from both sides. It came out pretty quick from SC coach after they lost.
I don't care what race they are, the LSU player looked like she was auditioning for a movie to play a type cast character.
I know I'm old, but still didn't have trouble giving my granddaughter my opinion of the ugliest tramp stamp I've ever seen on her arm. For reference, she skipped he masters and was accepted to a fully paid PhD program in medical engineering. It's not a ghetto thing.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Why would the NCAA want to intentionally screw the biggest star in WBB out of winning a championship? I keep seeing people say(not all Hawk fans) that the game was not reffed fairly towards both ends and that "you know why" they wouldn't want Clark to be a national champion, which is why the game was fixed for LSU.

But I actually do not know why. At all. I'm beyond confused. Someone help.

Refs were brutal on both sides.

Seeing Iowa fans say that the black refs wanted LSU to win because they were black and Iowa was white is downright stupid and appalling.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
Absolutely horrifying stuff, but the very last post gets right to what the rest of them really wanted to say but feared they couldn't. Same with many of the Twitter Hawks who go on about "homegrown Iowa talent" and "Clark was raised better than Reese," "I'm proud that my team was classy," etc. Just cut the pretense, drop the N word and let the world know who you really are
CourdeAulene is a resident racist over there and routinely gets called out. I suspect many have blocked him over there.