***WBB: CYCLONE 2023 Recruiting Thread***

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Audi Crooks has the size we have only seen on opposing rosters. She has long arms and really good footwork for her size. She is a willing passer. It will be interesting to see how quickly she adapts to the size in the college game. Going against Isnelle and Izzi in practice will be huge for her development.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Audi Crooks has the size we have only seen on opposing rosters. She has long arms and really good footwork for her size. She is a willing passer. It will be interesting to see how quickly she adapts to the size in the college game. Going against Isnelle and Izzi in practice will be huge for her development.

I know Audi's success is due, in part, to her tremendous strength. If she were slighter in build with her low post play I think she'd still be a big talent at 6'3".

I may be wrong but of the three Joens, Kelsey seems to move the fastest down the court.

As mentioned we need another guard. If she was in the style of a Middleton that would be pretty sweet.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I know Audi's success is due, in part, to her tremendous strength. If she were slighter in build with her low post play I think she'd still be a big talent at 6'3".

I may be wrong but of the three Joens, Kelsey seems to move the fastest down the court.

As mentioned we need another guard. If she was in the style of a Middleton that would be pretty sweet.
I think Audi’s strength will benefit her more in college than it did in high school. She will not be double and triple teamed. It will be a lot more one on one on both ends for her. She will be able to be a lot more physical than she could be in high school.

Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
it will be interesting what kind of defense she can be 'developed' into playing. Watching her in the state tournament, her defense consisted of literally walking across the lane under the basket when ball was reversed. Pulling for her to develop into an impactful player.

Reactions: KCRClone

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I think Audi’s strength will benefit her more in college than it did in high school. She will not be double and triple teamed. It will be a lot more one on one on both ends for her. She will be able to be a lot more physical than she could be in high school.
In Central WI I don't get into many conversations about WBB, or Iowa State in general. But, Social Media must have a big impact. I was wearing my Iowa State jacket and had a brief encounter at my Kroger. A kid (16-ish boy?) grabbed my cuff and asked about Audi! Says he liked her pre-game ritual "the missed haymaker." I smiled and feigned agreement. Does anyone know what that is?

Last edited:

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
In Central WI I don't get into many conversations about WBB, or Iowa State in general. But, Social Media must have a big impact. I was wearing my Iowa State jacket and had a brief encounter at my Kroeger. A kid (16-ish boy?) grabbed my cuff and asked about Audi! Says he liked her pre-game ritual "the missed haymaker." I smiled and feigned agreement. Does anyone know what that is?
Looks like it was at the beginning of the video during introductions. Just a guess.

Reactions: NWICY

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
HA, HA that's it. Holy Cow I never noticed that. Pretty good. Thanks. On edit: I found it in another vid too! At the 15-second mark:

What great hands, and pretty good footwork around the basket. Long passes are pretty strong and accurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: bozclone

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Missed this -- an under-the-radar 2023 recruit (not a transfer). Only followed by Coach Schaben on twitter, so not on my list yet.

6'6" post originally from Nigeria. Finishing up a year of prep school following HS graduation.
Reading the Hoops Report article, it doesn’t sound like she’s into us. She says she has an offer from Iowa (not ISU) and hasn’t declared us one of her official visits (DePaul and LMU). Her only other major interest is Kentucky!

I would hope our conference and history of success would help us land such developmental prospects, but possibly our allure is waning?

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Reading the Hoops Report article, it doesn’t sound like she’s into us. She says she has an offer from Iowa (not ISU) and hasn’t declared us one of her official visits (DePaul and LMU). Her only other major interest is Kentucky!

I would hope our conference and history of success would help us land such developmental prospects, but possibly our allure is waning?
Probably just a typo with regards to Iowa vs ISU (keep in mind she's only been in the US 2 or 3 years). I don't believe she holds an offer from Iowa.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

We were the first to offer as mred noted, back in March. That would be before we landed our current portal post so I wonder if we are even still interested. Seems like a real project for someone's roster but is an intriguing one. Could be a sleeper and late bloomer to basketball.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

Not sure I would read that much into what was reported. Could be an oversight by the author. Or she is originally from Nigeria and might not know the difference between Iowa State, Iowa, Ohio or Ohio State.

• Funny
Reactions: StClone

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Not sure I would read that much into what was reported. Could be an oversight by the author. Or she is originally from Nigeria and might not know the difference between Iowa State, Iowa, Ohio or Ohio State.
Exactly, even the ESPN talking heads call us Iowa or Ohio State on a semi regular basis.

• Sad
Reactions: StClone

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
We were the first to offer as mred noted, back in March. That would be before we landed our current portal post so I wonder if we are even still interested. Seems like a real project for someone's roster but is an intriguing one. Could be a sleeper and late bloomer to basketball.
There's a pretty big difference between Natabou (immediate impact with two years of eligibility) and Imafidon (four years of eligibility, with likely ramp-up), so I don't think picking up Natabou would necessarily impact recruiting Imafidon. Since she is a late bloomer, she might make a bigger impact in a couple years once Natabou and Zingaro are done.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City

1683677985924.gif