Gamblin…Smoke and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

herkyshere

May 5, 2023
How do you know this?

Can you please provide a link with the information regarding Iowa and Notre Dame set to play in Soldier Field if it weren't for Iowa State honoring a contract?
JFC there is no link. I tagged Chris but he’s didn’t reply. I’m not sure how far down the road it got, just that Iowa and Notre Dame wanted to make it happen but it was going to require a pause in the ISU/Iowa series and Pollard said no.

I don’t “know” Iowa will have a squad, crazy things can happen in college football, but Iowa has good to great talent at every skill position and their offensive line (which was the #1 reason their offense sucked last year) will be much, much better. The defense will be awesome again as well. Great special teams. Put it together and they should be damn good.

I don’t get the same warm and fuzzy feeling about ISU’s season this year. If ISU only wins 4 games, at least you can take solace in the fact that you have an extremely difficult schedule!

herkyshere

May 5, 2023
No shocker. This is the difference between EIU and ISU: Institutional Control.

At EIU, the player decided not to attend media days. At ISU, that decision was made by those in charge.

Shannon Scraps Media Days
Haha yes I’m sure that’s it. Noah Shannon is a great kid, clearly had a lapse in judgement. What I don’t know is if the punishment coming is more severe than originally thought or if they thought they’d have the answers by now and don’t.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
JFC there is no link. I tagged Chris but he’s didn’t reply. I’m not sure how far down the road it got, just that Iowa and Notre Dame wanted to make it happen but it was going to require a pause in the ISU/Iowa series and Pollard said no.

I don’t “know” Iowa will have a squad, crazy things can happen in college football, but Iowa has good to great talent at every skill position and their offensive line (which was the #1 reason their offense sucked last year) will be much, much better. The defense will be awesome again as well. Great special teams. Put it together and they should be damn good.

I don’t get the same warm and fuzzy feeling about ISU’s season this year. If ISU only wins 4 games, at least you can take solace in the fact that you have an extremely difficult schedule!
When you rattled off all the reasons why Iowa's football season will be so much better than Iowa State's, you neglected to include the most important reason of all, which is so typical among Hawkeye fans.

Iowa State's schedule ranks 8th most difficult in the nation, while Iowa's schedule comes in at 61st.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016

“There is no link”

1689943682562.jpeg

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

So you don't know they'll have a squad, but all of these things are going to be awesome as of late July.

Cool, cool.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

Outside of TE, what skill position does Iowa have great talent at?

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
When you rattled off all the reasons why Iowa's football season will be so much better than Iowa State's, you neglected to include the most important reason of all, which is so typical among Hawkeye fans.

Iowa State's schedule ranks 8th most difficult in the nation, while Iowa's schedule comes in at 61st.

And their schedule gets easier by the day as the rats jump off the Northwestern sinking ship.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Also @herkyshere.. I’d love to get your prediction for this upcoming year. You sound pretty darn confident about the squad, so I’d guess 11-1 and a Big 10 Championship game birth?

herkyshere

May 5, 2023
Oh wow. If you’re not iowaloud, you’re just as bad, if not worse, than him. Pathetic, delusional troll attempts
The only borderline delusional thing I have said is that the West is better top to bottom than the East. The bottom of the East is fricken terrible, Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland, and Michigan State (post Dantonio will be more like 2022 than 2021 going forward).

Other than that, I stand behind everything I have said.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
The only borderline delusional thing I have said is that the West is better top to bottom than the East. The bottom of the East is fricken terrible, Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland, and Michigan State (post Dantonio will be more like 2022 than 2021 going forward).

No that wasn't borderline. The middle of of the West is probably better than the middle of the East. But PSU/UM/OSU are better than anyone in the West by a good margin.

herkyshere

May 5, 2023
Outside of TE, what skill position does Iowa have great talent at?
Kaleb Johnson (averaged 5 yards a carry behind the worst performing offensive line Kirk has had in 10+ years) and Kaleb Brown have great talent. TE's there are 2 great talent level, with Ostrenga being good talent level that has an extremely high ceiling. Seth Anderson has good talent. Nico Ragaini is what he is, not great talent, but a very solid possession receiver. Jazuin Patterson has good talent, Leshon Williams is a very good 2nd/3rd option at RB.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016

You stand by the Notre Dame thing with literally zero evidence other than the voices in your head telling you so?

herkyshere

May 5, 2023
No that wasn't borderline. The middle of of the West is probably better than the middle of the East. But PSU/UM/OSU are better than anyone in the West by a good margin.
Penn State is 5th in wins over the past 10 years in the BIG, behind Wisconsin and Iowa. While I think PSU is likely better than both of those teams this year, they aren't far and away better than teams in the West. OSU is the team that has been and is far superior to all other teams. Michigan is very good, but they aren't near OSU's level.

1689947613922.png

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Kaleb Johnson (averaged 5 yards a carry behind the worst performing offensive line Kirk has had in 10+ years) and Kaleb Brown have great talent. TE's there are 2 great talent level, with Ostrenga being good talent level that has an extremely high ceiling. Seth Anderson has good talent. Nico Ragaini is what he is, not great talent, but a very solid possession receiver. Jazuin Patterson has good talent, Leshon Williams is a very good 2nd/3rd option at RB.
So outside of the TE’s and Kaleb Johnson, who’s good, you mentioned a bunch of unproven players. You’re hitching your wagon and talking up a bunch of guys who most haven’t played at this level behind arguably the worst OC in P5 football.

Reactions: mitchforcy
Status
Not open for further replies.