Wild Bill to call it quits!

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
No, it was in it...multiple times actually...thanks to the girl who saved me seats so I could go to Williamsburg and stock up on Nike ISU stuff that was ridiculously cheap ($4 t-shirts, $10 golf polos)

Oh my face was in it too, but i'm not declaring it beautiful cause i don't tell lies like you!

hansen55

Apr 12, 2006
Avoca, IA
It is sad. I wish there were 14,355 more fans just like him in Hilton every game. You would think that they could allow him sit in the front row of the student section or something. The administration is making a mistake, and I say this because I in no way believe the economic excuse.

Last edited:

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
that seat should have at least a little engraving on it with his name
Id even accept it if no one sat in that spot ever again during womens basketball. no one can replace him

hansen55

Apr 12, 2006
Avoca, IA
And what mistake would that be? He's a longtime season ticket holder who is deciding to not renew his tickets. That's his choice.

I doubt that is how it went down. I do not believe they should be able to dictate how anyone cheers for their team as long as it isn't vulgar or profane. I hope he changes his mind.

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
i will be making a sign hopefully for the game on wednesday... this guy honestly made me jealous that i couldnt be him. If this is the athletic dept's doing and it comes to the light that it is... that is complete BS. idc if some people dont like how loud he is. if u dont like the noise then get the F out!!!

i kinda wonder around the stadium at games normally and vs texas i saw a lady sitting courtside that kept plugging her ears and turning around giving him dirty looks. it was complete bull crap, and if i coulda said something to her i would of.

i hate the people who say to be quiet and tell u to sit down!!!! why cant those people learn what it is to be a good fan and stand up with us faithful?!?!?! i hate those kinds of fans and that breed of fan is what is forcing Wild Bill out.

I am furious and this is complete BS. this does not make me proud to be a cyclone. Bill should be what all of us should strive to be. he is truly a great guy and will be missed. i would be 100% for giving the guy the pride of not letting anyone sitting in his seat ever again. no one else deserves it.

Reactions: hansen55

Juggercy

Apr 14, 2006
Ames, IA
yea i'm guessin the economic statement is crap too cuz if you catch the part where he's like "i don't want to bother anyone" that right there means somethin else is goin on and probably not his choice.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Wild Bill has done more for this university than we'll all ever realize.

Hopefully someone gets him a free season ticket next year.

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
Hopefully he pulls a Favre but I don't see it since it seems he isn't making the decision.

Shame on those who were "bothered" and brought this to the administration. You have removed an ISU icon.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Bill has been a great fan, that goes without saying.

However, if what happened in Hawaii is accurate, then the officials directed ISU to act accordingly.

How Bill reacts from that point forward is on him and his level of maturity.

Without knowing the whole story, who can say who is wronged or right here.

However, in my opinion, to do a story blaming it on economics, when most will not believe nor accept that excuse is not a good way to handle it either. It sets up more issues that only hurt ISU WBB.

Not questioning his commitment and fandom, just how he is handling it seems almost like a lash back.

Just a point for discussion.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I doubt the majority of the people that saw the news video read Cyclone Fanatic and follow the alleged drama that is going on behind the scenes, so I'm guessing the economic excuse is to save face for ISU WBB, not set up issues to hurt it...

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Could be, but given the amount of disucssion, debate, etc. it could easily go the other way.

It is on many boards and is getting healthy discussion.

Several items from these boards have been picked up by regular media, so who knows it can as well.

CYAg

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
She cuts me up:smile:

I think you're confusing love with horror, though. Let's face it, there are reasons folks can't make eye contact with you. It's not your intimidating presence.:wink:

Dress me like Wild Bill and put me behind the backboard on free throws baby!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Dress me like Wild Bill and put me behind the backboard on free throws baby!

You wouldn't have to dress up to scare a free-throw shooter. They wouldn't be able to look in that direction!

If you're covered up by the backboard, that would help the other side of Cyclone Alley, too.

You may be the only guy I know that looks at a Rorshach blot and thinks he's looking into the mirror.:yes: