Wild Bill to call it quits!

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
You wouldn't have to dress up to scare a free-throw shooter. They wouldn't be able to look in that direction!

If you're covered up by the backboard, that would help the other side of Cyclone Alley, too.

You may be the only guy I know that looks at a Rorshach blot and thinks he's looking into the mirror.:yes:

You apparently haven't seen CyDude16 before :wideeyed: Granted I haven't either because he's never in class :biglaugh:

I've never been to a women's game without Wild Bill...and I really don't have the desire. I love having a guy who doesn't sit on his hands the whole game. Need more of those kinds of people.

Reactions: CycloneErik

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
You apparently haven't seen CyDude16 before :wideeyed: Granted I haven't either because he's never in class :biglaugh:

I've never been to a women's game without Wild Bill...and I really don't have the desire. I love having a guy who doesn't sit on his hands the whole game. Need more of those kinds of people.

I'm starting to think that CyDude isn't really a college student, and that explains his "skipping" class.:yes::wideeyed:

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
Wild Bill needs tickets. We need to be contacting anyone we know in the athletic dept. to see if we can get this changed. This is a tragedy. No matter what happened in Hawaii, something needs to be done. Guys like this help build a program's fan base. Everyone likes to go to a game, but when you have a fan like that, dressed up and hooting and hollering, it gets all the other fans riled up and makes them think it is ok to just stand up and cheer.

I will be sending out some e-mails and hopefully this can change as this is a sad state for ISU athletics. Who cares if we lose Chizik, we just can't lose Wild Bill.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Bill has been a great fan, that goes without saying.

However, if what happened in Hawaii is accurate, then the officials directed ISU to act accordingly.

How Bill reacts from that point forward is on him and his level of maturity.

Without knowing the whole story, who can say who is wronged or right here.

However, in my opinion, to do a story blaming it on economics, when most will not believe nor accept that excuse is not a good way to handle it either. It sets up more issues that only hurt ISU WBB.

Not questioning his commitment and fandom, just how he is handling it seems almost like a lash back.

Just a point for discussion.

Excellent, excellent post! Sums up my thoughts exactly.

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
ISU officials were told by the refs to calm Wild Bill down in Hawaii...

Bill is still preturbed about this despite the AD attempts to smooth things over since that trip..

Bill is not being mature about it.

It is too bad because he has been a terrific fan over the years....and I am positive the administration does not want to lose a season ticket holder.

I wouldnt be mature about it either...I think its BS. If I take a trip to watch some games and I keep it clean, I should be able to use whatever volume and tone I want to no matter what bench or allegiance I have. This guy is a fan, hell have you ever been to the eastcoast? Fans there make WB look like a saint. I'm tired of this midwest wholesome family values crap being taken too far.

The guy is a page from the past, what Hilton looked and sounded like for every game womens or mens (mostly mens) and its sad it can't be like that anymore. Its sad that WB peers have grown old and tired and can't hang like he can anymore.

Stick to your guns Wild Bill and tell them to stand up and cheer!

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I wouldnt be mature about it either...I think its BS. If I take a trip to watch some games and I keep it clean, I should be able to use whatever volume and tone I want to no matter what bench or allegiance I have. This guy is a fan, hell have you ever been to the eastcoast? Fans there make WB look like a saint. I'm tired of this midwest wholesome family values crap being taken too far.

When in Hawaii, do as the Hawaiians do. That game wasn't on the east coast, or in Hilton...it was in Hawaii. The tournament officials asked ISU to calm down Wild Bill. In that circumstance, a real fan would realize that he was about to hurt the team, do what was asked of him, and come back to fight another day, without pouting or holding grudges.

Wild Bill (or any fan for that matter) isn't the face of ISU WBB...that distinction belongs to BF and the women who comprise the team...

Last edited:

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee

The guy is a page from the past, what Hilton looked and sounded like for every game womens or mens (mostly mens) and its sad it can't be like that anymore. Its sad that WB peers have grown old and tired and can't hang like he can anymore.

Stick to your guns Wild Bill and tell them to stand up and cheer!

Yes, I agree totally........! When the refs and tournament officials went to the ISU people and told them to calm wild Bill down or else, they should have all stood up and yelled at the top of their lungs a collective..........F - YOU, Let WILD BILL BE WILD BILL!!!!!!! :jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad::jimlad:

Wild Bill has been great for WBB, but if he is quitting WBB because of this, shame on him!

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
When in Hawaii, do as the Hawaiians do. That game wasn't on the east coast, or in Hilton...it was in Hawaii. The tournament officials asked ISU to calm down Wild Bill. In that circumstance, a real fan would realize that he was about to hurt the team, do what was asked of him, and come back to fight another day without pouting or holding grudges.

Wild Bill isn't the face of ISU WBB...that distinction belongs to BF and the women who comprise the team...

Hawaii has a real big drug problem...so Wild Bill should just get all hopped up on ice? (maybe he was) Bad argument, the officals cant T up fans on behalf of the team, they can remove a fan. IT WAS A BLUFF. The point is the guys been doing it for years NOW the administration tells him to stop? Free speech baby.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
A fan knows when to adjust to help and not hurt a program.

Right now because of this, many are ready to sharpen the pitchforks and storm the AD office.

With everything being inneuendo and unknown, how does this help ISU?

Take a deep breath and see what happens.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
realize that he was about to hurt the team, do what was asked of him, and come back to fight another day, without pouting or holding grudges.

Wild Bill (or any fan for that matter) isn't the face of ISU WBB...that distinction belongs to BF and the women who comprise the team...

Nothing to add, just wanted to say that I agree completely.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
In that circumstance, a real fan would realize that he was about to hurt the team, do what was asked of him, and come back to fight another day, without pouting or holding grudges.

Have to say I agree with that

And with the post stating that people need to take things with a grain of salt here... we don't know all the facts but people are getting worked up about it based on he said she said.

It's a sad story irregardless of the truth, but jumping on people when you don't have all the details usually makes you look like an ***.

Don't get me wrong I support Wyld Bill and would be sorry to see him leave, but there isn't enough concrete info to string JP up by the balls either

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Have to say I agree with that

And with the post stating that people need to take things with a grain of salt here... we don't know all the facts but people are getting worked up about it based on he said she said.

It's a sad story irregardless of the truth, but jumping on people when you don't have all the details usually makes you look like an ***.

Don't get me wrong I support Wyld Bill and would be sorry to see him leave, but there isn't enough concrete info to string JP up by the balls either

I can see both sides here from what's posted, which doesn't necessarily reflect anything that has or hasn't happened.

Giving up on things isn't my forte. I just hate quitting, which makes me a good fit as a Cubbie/Cyclone (last one first).

It's not like we heard Flag Guy giving up on being a Cyclone because they asked him not to do the flag run. Moving to Maryland was a good cover, though, for not coming to games.

Which changes my thought. Flag Guy, are you getting a new guy in at work? Maybe that's the real economic reason behind this move.

Or, maybe on a fixed income, money really is that tight at this point.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
This guy has been doing this for X amount of years and now you are going to tell him he has to change his ways. How is he hurting the team? A vocal fan should play no part in the outcome of the game.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
" How is he hurting the team? A vocal fan should play no part in the outcome of the game.[/quote]

Agreed, and using your argument:

Lets assume for discussion that the officials did ask ISU to have him tone it down. What if he had not complied and ISU had gotten a technical that could conceivably have impacted the outcome of the game (either way).

As a fan, if the team (or their representatives) asked something, then he should not harbor a grudge for it. It is about adjusting.

Again, way to little information to get out the ropes.

Last edited:

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
She cuts me up:smile:

I think you're confusing love with horror, though. Let's face it, there are reasons folks can't make eye contact with you. It's not your intimidating presence.:wink:

Dress me like Wild Bill and put me behind the backboard on free throws baby!

You wouldn't have to dress up to scare a free-throw shooter. They wouldn't be able to look in that direction!

If you're covered up by the backboard, that would help the other side of Cyclone Alley, too.

You may be the only guy I know that looks at a Rorshach blot and thinks he's looking into the mirror.:yes:

I'm starting to think that CyDude isn't really a college student, and that explains his "skipping" class.:yes::wideeyed:

Can you guys get a prvate chat room?

I started with a story about Wild Bill and get interrupted by this puppy love between you two?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Can you guys get a prvate chat room?

I started with a story about Wild Bill and get interrupted by this puppy love between you two?

Hint: Use ignore list. Problem solved. Hmmm..puppy love saying I hate people who sit on their hands...sorry for ruining your Tuesday :skeptical:

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Pretty much certain if Bill Fennelly wanted to step in here and keep Wild Bill in Hilton, it would be case closed.

cyco2000

Nov 5, 2007
Hint: Use ignore list. Problem solved. Hmmm..puppy love saying I hate people who sit on their hands...sorry for ruining your Tuesday :skeptical:

That's all I needed!

Thanks--my Tuesday is better now!

Edit: No one will ever be on my ignore list, whether I like what they have to say or not.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
We should start a special donation fund here to get Wild Bill his tickets back. Maybe they coudl let him sit with the students? Seems like a good idea to me. No one would complain about him there. I have a feeling that some big donor was rubbed the wrong way by him, and they went and put JP between a rock and a hard place. I guarantee Pollard himself has ZERO problem with Wild Bill.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron