Come On!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Everyone's talking about how ISU got a touch draw. No one's talking about how UConn might have to play the best 2 seed?

UConn fans are talking about it. They know they got the best 2, best 3 and by far best 4 seed. They also know they could play a team that made the Final Four last year in second round.

Seriously, give me our second round opponents over FAU even knowing Drake will be the most motivated team in basketball history.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I get being irritated that ISU didn’t get the last 1 seed, but that wasn’t even on the table going into the championship game, getting Omaha was the goal (for the fans), and they got it.

Nothing will come close to the egregious, unfathomable, Final Four costing miss of Arizona and Stanford being 1 seeds out of the PAC-10 and not even playing a conference tournament in 2000.

This wasn’t a great look because of the moving goalposts, but I’ve seen a lot worse.

Reactions: rosshm16 and cytor

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I get being irritated that ISU didn’t get the last 1 seed, but that wasn’t even on the table going into the championship game, getting Omaha was the goal (for the fans), and they got it.

Nothing will come close to the egregious, unfathomable, Final Four costing miss of Arizona and Stanford being 1 seeds out of the PAC-10 and not even playing a conference tournament in 2000.

This wasn’t a great look because of the moving goalposts, but I’ve seen a lot worse.

I'm more bothered that the committee now views non conf SOS as more important than ENTIRE SEASON SOS.

We were 16 out of 362 for hardest schedule...if anything that should be the reason we lock up a top seed playing better teams than almost any team in the country did, not the reason they drop us 2-4 spots from where our metrics have us.

Jimbo ISU

Mar 7, 2024
One game at a time. I'm not going to worry about Connecticut, Illinois, the Fightin' Mormons, or any other team until we actually meet them.

Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm more bothered that the committee now views non conf SOS as more important than ENTIRE SEASON SOS.

We were 16 out of 362 for hardest schedule...if anything that should be the reason we lock up a top seed playing better teams than almost any team in the country did, not the reason they drop us 2-4 spots from where our metrics have us.
I will keep beating the drum that the non-con games get counted twice in SOS while the conference gets counted only once since the non con is all of the non con SOS and part of the overall SOS while the conference is only part of the overall SOS. If they are going to have non-con SOS as a thing couple it with conf SOS instead or put all three of them (non-con, conf, overall) on the Nitty Gritty sheets.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

Agree. The non con was so long ago. There should be a heavier emphasis on conference games and the conference tournaments.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
As a Cyclone fan forever I worry about EVERY SINGLE GAME we play. We play like we did against Houston we can beat anybody. We play like we did against Byu there and you know the answer. Stay healthy, 1 game at a time and get some refs that aren't whistle happy......
Last year like 2001 you could feel the team was limping in. This team has so many players that can carry the offense. So many guys are capable of getting 20 i just believe we'll be fine.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Everyone's talking about how ISU got a touch draw. No one's talking about how UConn might have to play the best 2 seed?
236793c98e7b7f087d0bcf4b4cc33694b5ed5f0247c4cc9416f614f859ed7f9b_1.jpg

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I will keep beating the drum that the non-con games get counted twice in SOS while the conference gets counted only once since the non con is all of the non con SOS and part of the overall SOS while the conference is only part of the overall SOS. If they are going to have non-con SOS as a thing couple it with conf SOS instead or put all three of them (non-con, conf, overall) on the Nitty Gritty sheets.

Yeah, if you must value non-conf SOS, divide them up completely.

Expose that every other team had a dog$hit sos compared to Big 12 teams...and it's been that way for about 15 years.

You cannot penalize a team even slightly for playing the 16th hardest schedule out of 362, it's completely asinine.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
UConn fans are talking about it. They know they got the best 2, best 3 and by far best 4 seed. They also know they could play a team that made the Final Four last year in second round.

Seriously, give me our second round opponents over FAU even knowing Drake will be the most motivated team in basketball history.
FAU returns their 4 leading scorers from a final 4 team. I really think somebody really had a bug up their ass regarding UCONN.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yeah, if you must value non-conf SOS, divide them up completely.

Expose that every other team had a dog$hit sos compared to Big 12 teams...and it's been that way for about 15 years.

You cannot penalize a team even slightly for playing the 16th hardest schedule out of 362, it's completely asinine.
And guys like Kellogg will continue to go on national TV and slob that knob. Their always going to find a way to support their narrative.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimbo ISU

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

UCONN’s path to the FINAL FOUR could be: KenPom #41, #4, and #5. And then they could get #6 or #9 in the FF and #2 in the championship. That’s insane for the #1 overall seed. Horrible job by the selection committee.

Irish1

Feb 5, 2016
I don't know what to say about the stupid non conference controversy. The Big 12 regular season is long, hard, physical, physical and physical. If TJ wants games that allow his guys to wade into the rat race, so be it. Even with a tougher non conference schedule we wouldn't have gotten the Kansas or Baylor treatment.

ARCYCLONE

Nov 16, 2020
Arkansas
I think as fans we have the right to ***** and moan about our seeding before we "just focus on the next game and win". So I think until about late Tuesday evening is OK.
With that being said the AP and coach's polls coming out today it's obvious where the rest of the country ranks ISU. We were fourth in both polls (deserving of a #1 seed in their minds). The other #2 seeds were 6-8th. In the USA Today's coach's poll we had 697 points and 102-137 more points than the other #2 seeds (14.6%-19.7% more) and in the AP we had 1,342 points and 184-260 more than the other #2 seeds (13.7%-19.4%). That's a WIDE margin. With the NET rankings of teams in the East Region others have posted it's obvious this committee did a TERRIBLE job. Probably the worst I can remember. I hope we win the whole damn thing and TJ, in his post game press conference, says: "If only we had played a tougher noncon schedule we could have been in the NBA playoffs".

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Ctrans

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I don't know what to say about the stupid non conference controversy. The Big 12 regular season is long, hard, physical, physical and physical. If TJ wants games that allow his guys to wade into the rat race, so be it. Even with a tougher non conference schedule we wouldn't have gotten the Kansas or Baylor treatment.
Yep, wrong jersey color. Let's hope the chip on their shoulder gets noticed every game they play.