Former UNI guard Nate Heise taking visit to Ames Monday (committed)

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Are you saying the 2025 - 2026 basketball season is going to have players with their covid year available? I'm not mad about Heise... but good lord!! I realize this is medical related. I had though the 2024 - 2025 season was the last (which it will be for most I guess).
This year is the last of the COVID years. He's just a unique case because he missed an additional year with an injury. 25-26 will be his medical hardship year, not his COVID year.

Reactions: cyclones500

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Kansas just took a transfer from South Dakota State? LOL!!! Don't they know he's " mid-major?" Idiots!!!

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
key word mid-major
Question for you.

How many leagues are there outside of the P6 and where did The Valley rank among those leagues?

Now do the AAC, the ASUN, the Summit and the MAC where Iowa State has gotten significant contributors from...

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
I'm sure glad we weren't stuck with that mid-major UNI all conference player AJ something or other either. We dodged a bullet there. What ever happened to him anyway?
I know you're being sarcastic, but for those who don't know, AJ Green has played 51 games with the Bucks this season (and 35 last season) at about 10 minutes a game. I doubt he'll be in their playoff rotation, but he is a real contributor for them.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I think people underestimate how important being able to find/hunt open space as a shooter is, too. I see some of that with Heise, and really only CuJo was able to bring that a lot of the time this year.

I'm with you that I'm not expecting him to be dribble driving a whole lot, but I think he'll add some more ability to just get open looks from deep which was definitely needed at times this year.

Imo he’ll be more than 3 and D.

He’s got the handle and size to move the defense via driving. For example, a rotating defense over committing on a close out, Heise has the ability to exploit with the dribble.

The ability needed for being a tertiary ball-handler and creator is much different than primary.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron