Former UNI guard Nate Heise taking visit to Ames Monday (committed)

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Imo he’ll be more than 3 and D.

He’s got the handle and size to move the defense via driving. What’s needed for being a tertiary ball-handler and creator is much different than primary.
Yeah I suppose that's a better way to frame it, he's not weak with his handle but I'd assume he'll be off-ball most of the time.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm sure glad we weren't stuck with that mid-major UNI all conference player AJ something or other either. We dodged a bullet there. What ever happened to him anyway?
I was just thinking about this again the other day - if Jeremiah Williams had stayed healthy and Green had come, would Lipsey have forced his way onto the floor anyway? Maybe in hindsight he would have beat out Williams during the season - but could you imagine a world where Lipsey didn't get that break and what would have resulted!

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I know you're being sarcastic, but for those who don't know, AJ Green has played 51 games with the Bucks this season (and 35 last season) at about 10 minutes a game. I doubt he'll be in their playoff rotation, but he is a real contributor for them.
He could have been a cyclone.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Agreed on the defense and corner 3s. From his film, I'm not confident he'll be able to get the drives and finishes. From watching Gilbert and Curtis this last year (and Gabe/Holmes the year before) you aren't going to get the kind of finishes he got in the Big XII. You have to either finish through contact or have a floater.

Which is okay - his role will very much be a "3 and D" wing off the bench.
We just need guys to open up space for Gilbert, Tamin and Curtis

Westside clone

Apr 5, 2022
key word mid-major
Good team players will represent well on good teams. The Mid major level didn't make SDSU look too bad against us. Watching Heise tape, he looks like he can score and is athletic enough to play good defense. Don't downplay ability just because they went to a smaller school. I realize the women's game is different but Hannah Belanger looked pretty good for coming from a D2 school. It's the players ability and heart that make a difference at the D1 level.

Reactions: Acylum

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
i played D-1
kabangu-upset.gif

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
s

so we are mid -major? i played D-1

Cool. Good for you.

But seriously...how much basketball did you watch this season? I feel that if you really paid attention to the roster you would have realized that a good chunk of our roster came from mid-major programs that you obviously think so little of. A roster, once again, featuring a lot of mid-major players that finished second in the Big 12, won the Big 12 tournament, got a 2 seed, made it to the Sweet 16, and will likely finish in the Top 10 in both polls when it's all said and done with. But, apparently they aren't good enough for you, so you decided to dismiss their contributions and (giving you the benefit of the doubt here) unintentionally insulted not just them but also the coaching staff for recruiting them from a level of basketball that you have nothing but scorn for.

Look; you wrote something silly and stupid and got rightfully "dumbed" for it by a fair amount of posters. Then you doubled down on it. Take the "L"; learn from it; and do better next time.

Lineup

Jan 7, 2017
Cool. Good for you.

But seriously...how much basketball did you watch this season? I feel that if you really paid attention to the roster you would have realized that a good chunk of our roster came from mid-major programs that you obviously think so little of. A roster, once again, featuring a lot of mid-major players that finished second in the Big 12, won the Big 12 tournament, got a 2 seed, made it to the Sweet 16, and will likely finish in the Top 10 in both polls when it's all said and done with. But, apparently they aren't good enough for you, so you decided to dismiss their contributions and (giving you the benefit of the doubt here) unintentionally insulted not just them but also the coaching staff for recruiting them from a level of basketball that you have nothing but scorn for.

Look; you wrote something silly and stupid and got rightfully "dumbed" for it by a fair amount of posters. Then you doubled down on it. Take the "L"; learn from it; and do better next time.
well i watched every game and attend every home game , there is a different in mid major players and UNI don't fit that

Help Support Us

Become a patron