Dumbest thing you dealt with today?

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
My morning while my wife is out of state on business as I was in a hurry to get on the road to do some audits, my son is 6 and needed his gym shoes on for the day. While getting them snacks I also lined up their shoes, unstrapped them and pulled the tongues out and said get your shoes in so we get out of here asap. I get back to the door and my 4 year old daughter had hers on. My son did not and looked at me and said “you know I need help with gym shoes ugh dad you’re worthless” next level patience kicked in

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
In my industry, we have to maintain continuing ed credits to keep our license. Two hours must be on ethics, specifically. Every conference now includes at least one session on ethics so people can get their credits.

At a conference this week and the "ethics" talk was a self-help guru trying to sell us books under the guise of "ethics is about relationships!"

Did you know that ethics means being nice to people and caring about them? Spoiler: That. Is. Not. Ethics.

Gotta love licensure... Especially multi state with different registration cycles...

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
My morning while my wife is out of state on business as I was in a hurry to get on the road to do some audits, my son is 6 and needed his gym shoes on for the day. While getting them snacks I also lined up their shoes, unstrapped them and pulled the tongues out and said get your shoes in so we get out of here asap. I get back to the door and my 4 year old daughter had hers on. My son did not and looked at me and said “you know I need help with gym shoes ugh dad you’re worthless” next level patience kicked in

My BP is rising just reading that last bit. Our sons (mine's 5) may be brothers from other mothers. "NO ONE IS EVEN CARING FOR ME!!!" Or "YOU DON’T HAVE TO SAY IT AGAIN, I ALREADY KNOWWWWW" As if we didn't ask kindly and patiently without any response the first 65 times.

I hear the teen years are worse. If true, please go ahead and institutionalize me now, k thanks.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
My BP is rising just reading that last bit. Our sons (mine's 5) may be brothers from other mothers. "NO ONE IS EVEN CARING FOR ME!!!" Or "YOU DON’T HAVE TO SAY IT AGAIN, I ALREADY KNOWWWWW" As if we didn't ask kindly and patiently without any response the first 65 times.

I hear the teen years are worse. If true, please go ahead and institutionalize me now, k thanks.
The teen years are far worse, its a new type of hell when they start driving, every minute they are past curfew and every siren you hear, you age a year. Much rather have them small where they can be controlled. Hate to say it, but it worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: VeloClone

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The teen years are far worse, its a new type of hell when they start driving, every minute they are past curfew and every siren you here, you age a year. Much rather have them small where they can be controlled. Hate to say it, but it worse.

Daycare/school had THREE tornado drills today.

When we picked the boy up the teacher said he was so scared that he was shaking.

All night I've been talking to him about tornadoes, severe weather, and going to the basement.

It's been a night. So maybe 3 goddam tornado drills is the damn dumbest thing I've wrestled with

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Daycare/school had THREE tornado drills today.

When we picked the boy up the teacher said he was so scared that he was shaking.

All night I've been talking to him about tornadoes, severe weather, and going to the basement.

It's been a night. So maybe 3 goddam tornado drills is the damn dumbest thing I've wrestled with
Did they not do it right, so they made them do it again? Twice?

I’m trying to wrap my ahead around why they’d do three tornado drills on the same day.

(Avatar pic not related, lol)

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

ILikeBacon

Apr 1, 2013
For contrast, I have an office job and spend about 25 minutes in meetings during an average week.
I have meetings that are usually either to share truly relevant updates or to brainstorm and/or actually solve an issue or find a solution to a request. It is great.

I never dread one, and I now only have maybe 4 or 5 in a week. I used to have maybe 15 per week with many just tying up time and still somehow resulting in more piled on my work backlog.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cyclonsin

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Nothing dumb happened to me today, but I like the premise and hope this can be a regular occurrence. I miss the old Friday Confessions days

Reactions: GoldandCardinal

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
But they wipe their own butts and put their own winter gloves on, correct???

LOL on the winter gloves, those aren't cool. With the 1st wife we took her/our daughter to the St Paul Ice carnival when they built a big castle, it was COLD like sub zero, she chose to wear a tshirt denim jacket and torn blue jeans to go to it. After a bit we let her go back to the car and warm up.
I'm always amazed how many kids at ISU wear shorts to BB games in Hilton.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
The teen years are far worse, its a new type of hell when they start driving, every minute they are past curfew and every siren you here, you age a year. Much rather have them small where they can be controlled. Hate to say it, but it worse.

GPS is a great thing to be able to instantly know where they are and if they’re moving towards home. Also, the drive safe systems from the insurance companies are wonderful. We sit down and review every time they get dinged for speed, braking, or cornering. I don’t care about the insurance, but I want him to know that we’ll know if he’s driving like an asshat. Yes, it’s overbearing, but it gives us peace of mind to know that at least the driving portion of his life he’s being safe.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Disagree. Watching your kids become fully independent adults beats wiping butts and cutting french toast into pieces for them. 10/10 would recommend. Just hang in there, it gets so much better!

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Disagree. Watching your kids become fully independent adults beats wiping butts and cutting french toast into pieces for them. 10/10 would recommend. Just hang in there, it gets so much better!
Great to hear, 4 and 6 is much easier than 1 and 3 for me. However frustrating is at times I love these ages and looking forward to seeing what they’re like as teenagers. My daughter plans on cheerleading at ISU like her mom so retiring in Ames sounds good as well

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Great to hear, 4 and 6 is much easier than 1 and 3 for me. However frustrating is at times I love these ages and looking forward to seeing what they’re like as teenagers. My daughter plans on cheerleading at ISU like her mom so retiring in Ames sounds good as well

Yeah I joke but I'll take the sass over when he woke every 45 min overnight as a baby. Or having an 18 mo old with no childcare for four months during covid. When we had two in '22 and they missed nearly 60 days of daycare.....I very well did lose my mind o_O

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Went to the gym this morning and took a shower after my 45 minute work out. Looking through my gym bag I noticed I didn't pack a dry shirt. FML!! Glad I wore a jacket when I left home. Just made sure it was zipped all the way up when I left. No way was I putting my sweat soaked shirt back on!

Help Support Us

Become a patron