‘22 Public Scrimmage #1

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
SIAP, but what is the purpose of practicing at Ames High?
It’s nice to practice in different environments sometimes. Sometimes find some new fans/future recruits that maybe couldn’t afford to go to a game or what not. Ames High doesn’t make as much sense as like Ankeny, SEP, and so on. Might not make a huge difference, but I think any small advantage they can find they try to capitalize on it. Practicing in different environments like playing in different environments.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
It’s nice to practice in different environments sometimes. Sometimes find some new fans/future recruits that maybe couldn’t afford to go to a game or what not. Ames High doesn’t make as much sense as like Ankeny, SEP, and so on. Might not make a huge difference, but I think any small advantage they can find they try to capitalize on it. Practicing in different environments like playing in different environments.

Practicing at Ames HS is probably a good test run related to the logistics of practicing off-site the next couple weeks. I can't remember the last time the Cyclones practiced off campus. Just in case the equipment guys forget something like footballs, it's a quick trip back to the football facilities and get some.

Obviously, it is also good marketing to practice in front of fans that might not easily be able to get to Ames to watch the team.