2022-23 Twister Sisters Season Thread

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I predict that after CC graduates the place will be almost empty for games.

Very unlikely. Your prediction is more of a rivals "I wish". They had good crowds for the Megan Gustafson time also. They were 5th in national attendance the year between Gustafson and Clark, I'll call that the Doyle year. Doyle was a good player but I'd not call her a real headliner like Gustafson or Clark even though she was Big Ten POY.

• Wow
Reactions: carvers4math

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
They had good crowds for the Megan Gustafson time also. They were 5th in national attendance the year between Gustafson and Clark, I'll call that the Doyle year. Doyle was a good player but I'd not call her a real headliner like Gustafson or Clark even though she was Big Ten POY.
Certainly the attendance will likely go down, but probably not much. Clark brings in the casual fans, but then they become fans of the other players as well. If Iowa can't capitalize on things post-Clark, then the attendance will decrease over time. But if they can remain at least as competitive as they've been in the past several years, then they'll likely maintain a reasonably high attendance.

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Having a boring crappy men's team with a coach no one wants is probably contributing to the higher attendance numbers for WBB.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Certainly the attendance will likely go down, but probably not much. Clark brings in the casual fans, but then they become fans of the other players as well. If Iowa can't capitalize on things post-Clark, then the attendance will decrease over time. But if they can remain at least as competitive as they've been in the past several years, then they'll likely maintain a reasonably high attendance.

Oh, they are certainly peak right now and can't help but drop some but historically they have had good attendance. It's fun to mock their men's attendance but it really hasn't been the case for their women's teams lately.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Apparently Cassandra B-P is no longer the strength and conditioning director.

Interesting, a strength and training director for hoops that actually played Div 1 hoops. Thinking that adds a little something.

Interesting situation though with outgoing director's husband being an assistant football strength and conditioning coach.

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Interesting, a strength and training director for hoops that actually played Div 1 hoops. Thinking that adds a little something.

Interesting situation though with outgoing director's husband being an assistant football strength and conditioning coach.
They do have a young child, so it's possible she's taking a break from working.

Reactions: seadog

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Except he isn't anymore.
Looks like they are perhaps opening a gym.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
Looks like they are perhaps opening a gym.

I think they and their two kids are relocating to the east coast somewhere. Think it will be closer to their families.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron