2023-24 ISU WBB Season Thread

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Season tickets Renewed!
Who's excited!
We're anguishing about not renewing. We make it to very few games, but when I go I want good seats and as a perpetual optimist, this could be the year. Wondering if a pair of Iowa tix in middle of Sec 133 would fund much of the season price.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
We're anguishing about not renewing. We make it to very few games, but when I go I want good seats and as a perpetual optimist, this could be the year. Wondering if a pair of Iowa tix in middle of Sec 133 would fund much of the season price.
If you sell them to a Hok...just don't.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Selling to a Tavern Hawk is against all Cyclone membership policies. Just don’t do it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
75:1 seems like pretty good odds after losing most of the team and scoring.

Agree but wouldn't take them. It's been a long time since we've played to our potential in the tourney. I attend but realize that most yr we make the tourney then are done by the Elite 8 usually the sweet 16.

Reactions: StClone

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Preliminarily a pretty favorable schedule, especially for all the new bodies. Should be an interesting season! Idk about anybody else, but I’ve been pretty at ease since Ryan announced she was staying. Those few wild weeks in the spring seem distant now

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Anyone have info on the game schedule in Europe?

Probably going to have to wait till exhibition or early NC to see the gals. Not sure I recall seeing or hearing much more than a score or two from these in the past. These might be just glorified scrimmages. Seeing some video snippets would be fun but probably not very revealing.

My Gopher peeps are also going on one of these trips. Probably REALLY good for them with new coach and a number of new gals. Their 4th game of the NC will be UConn. Gophers only announced their trip on August 1st so it seems it was a last minute sort of thing. They did list their games and times though with teams being Split Select and Dubrovnik Select in Croatia and Athens Select in Greece. Last I saw officially from Cyclones.com was TBD.

Saw this from an article that popped in my Twitter feed. It's Bluder, which will annoy some here, but really is true about what these trips are all about.

“For me, these trips are about the extra summer practices you get than (the competition) over there,” Bluder said. “Because the competition is really different. Sometimes it’s really good — you’re playing national teams. And sometimes it’s awful. To me, the competition isn’t what really matters. It’s the practices you get now trying to get a head-start on next year.” - Sports Illustrated

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: StClone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron