BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Bet the League just loves this for their primetime TNT game tonight:

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Looks like Pacers also add a couple reserve guards with the picks from the initial Hield trade - Furkan Kirkmaz & Cory Joseph

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
200 points in one game? Another reason not to watch .
You're missing out. It's an exhibition. And they're there to put on a show. If you're going in expecting intensity, you're missing the point. It's supposed to be fun and light hearted. Nobody wants to get hurt. It's for Oohs and Ahhs. Deep threes, flashy passes, and big dunks. Tyrese hit a couple of threes last night, and his team just kept letting him take them until he missed, 5 in a row. It was awesome and the crowd went nuts. Just a ton of fun.

NBA does their yearly all-star game better than any of the other major sports. The players and fans clearly enjoy it. It's a spectacle.

Reactions: cyfanatic

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You're missing out. It's an exhibition. And they're there to put on a show. If you're going in expecting intensity, you're missing the point. It's supposed to be fun and light hearted. Nobody wants to get hurt. It's for Oohs and Ahhs. Deep threes, flashy passes, and big dunks. Tyrese hit a couple of threes last night, and his team just kept letting him take them until he missed, 5 in a row. It was awesome and the crowd went nuts. Just a ton of fun.

NBA does their yearly all-star game better than any of the other major sports. The players and fans clearly enjoy it. It's a spectacle.

To each their own, I guess. There was the one year they took it seriously in the 4th quarter and it was awesome to watch. But the last few times have been pretty awful. If you want to watch guys take uncontested 40 footers and wide open dunks, go early and watch warmups.

I totally get not wanting to get hurt, and I totally get guys not wanting to put in a bunch of effort. But do like the NFL did and try to get creative in how you set it up. Do a 3 on 3 tournament or something. Because the game itself is boring now.

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins

I'll admit that I did like the 2020 game better, when they were going really hard in the 4th quarter. However, I think it's a mistake from Silver and the NBA to constantly groan about players not trying. Instead, they should lean into the players having fun and try out some different things. Make a 4-point shot like in the celebrity game. Give an award for best in-game dunk. Do something weird with the rules, like get rid of goaltending, and see what players do with it.

It's always a bit funny to me that we pretty much have this same conversation after every NBA all-star game, as if it's the most important moment of the season for the NBA, then basically all conversation about it shuts down once games start back up. I think the conversation is almost entirely a product of having nothing else to talk about.