NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Embiid's game was ridiculous last night. He is dominating this year. If he plays in enough games he is on pace for another MVP. Still remember when Fred said after the game in Ames that Embiid was the most talented player in the country.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Embiid's game was ridiculous last night. He is dominating this year. If he plays in enough games he is on pace for another MVP. Still remember when Fred said after the game in Ames that Embiid was the most talented player in the country.

I think Embiid might be the best scorer in the paint I've seen "in my day". I saw the tail end of Kareem but not his earlier prime. His ability to hit mid range shots and put it on the floor make him pretty unguardable within 10 feet of the rim.

I think Jokic totally earned his MVPs and had a good argument the year Embiid won, they are both that good in different ways. Then you throw in how dominant Gianis can be around the basket the NBA really is stacked right now. Gianis around the basket is kind of like how imagined LeBron would be as he aged but he always stayed more of a slasher and perimeter player, not a knock on lbj I just expected him to evolve into more of a paint scorer than he did.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I haven't followed the Bucks that close this yr is this a surprise?
The team has been pretty bad defensively. As a Bucks fan, I hope that they give Rivers a long look. Not sure who the other candidates are - but hopefully the new coach can help them with their defensive deficiencies.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Lillard has been posting some great games and Gianis is Gianis...any coach would absolutely jump at coaching that team. Superstars with Gianis temperament are rare.

Of course any coach would. Doc isn't a good coach.

Reactions: JP4CY

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I’m convinced most (not all) NBA general managers are completely incompetent when it comes to building teams. A lot prefer splashy signings rather than forming a complementary unit.

You traded away two key pieces of your team to get an under-sized, ball dominant, 33-year old PG who’s been a defensive liability his entire career. Included in the trade was your best perimeter defender (maybe in the league) Jrue Holiday. Oh you stink at defense now? Who could have seen this coming. Fire the coach!

I felt the same way about the Harden trade but they have actually defied conventional wisdom (so far…)

• Agree
Reactions: clonechemist

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
No, it really wasn’t.

He was two years removed from being Coach of the Year and winning a title. The year after he lost in 7 to a good Celtics team. The next year he had the best regular season record and lost to a hot Miami team.

Canning him to hire a guy with no head coaching experience who couldn't even keep his job until the All Star Break is an absolute, abject failure.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
He was two years removed from being Coach of the Year and winning a title. The year after he lost in 7 to a good Celtics team. The next year he had the best regular season record and lost to a hot Miami team.

Canning him to hire a guy with no head coaching experience who couldn't even keep his job until the All Star Break is an absolute, abject failure.
The Griffin hire was horrendous, I definitely agree with that, and it looked bad last summer. It was still time for Budenholzer to go. He didn’t just lose to the 7 seed Miami Heat, he got completely worked. Not acceptable for the talent Milwaukee has. Celtics series the year before was a disaster too.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
The Griffin hire was horrendous, I definitely agree with that, and it looked bad last summer. It was still time for Budenholzer to go. He didn’t just lose to the 7 seed Miami Heat, he got completely worked. Not acceptable for the talent Milwaukee has. Celtics series the year before was a disaster too.

Firing coaches has always just been funny to me. In 2021 he's the best coach in the league and wins a title. 2 years later, he's just forgotten how to coach? I just don't get it. Making change just to make change has never made sense to me.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
They'll fire doc in a year and a half and go with one of the van gundys or something.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Firing coaches has always just been funny to me. In 2021 he's the best coach in the league and wins a title. 2 years later, he's just forgotten how to coach? I just don't get it. Making change just to make change has never made sense to me.
I guess I don’t think he did an amazing job in the championship year necessarily. Good enough to get the job done that year. Caught a break playing Atlanta in the conference finals, who was a really weak team in it. Figured it out against Monty Williams eventually.