2024 NFL coaching carousel (McCarthy is staying!)

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Or this could have been the FO seeing a guy they want is available like Vrabel or Quinn, and don't want to miss out. It wouldn't shock me at all if this is a HC steps down to open the job for one of his former assistants.
I think you're right. There are some pretty heavy rumors out that there that he moved on so that Quinn could slide into that job.

Reactions: BMWallace

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
I think you're right. There are some pretty heavy rumors out that there that he moved on so that Quinn could slide into that job.
The other factor I just saw, Carroll was only under contract through the '24 season and I doubt the organization was willing to offer an extension to a 72 year old HC. So instead of a lame duck season, offer him a multi-year position in the FO with the agreement that he step down as HC now.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The other factor I just saw, Carroll was only under contract through the '24 season and I doubt the organization was willing to offer an extension to a 72 year old HC. So instead of a lame duck season, offer him a multi-year position in the FO with the agreement that he step down as HC now.

I remember being shocked at Pete's age and energy when he was at USC. Hoped I'd have that energy when I was that age

Now that I am I can't even keep up with the 72 year old version

• Friendly
Reactions: ISUalways

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee

Fire Bill Belichick.

Replace him with a position coach from the incumbent staff.

Who has only played for the Patriots.

Who has only coached for the Patriots.

We all know how "successful" the Belichick tree has been with other franchises.

???

PROFIT!!!

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Fire Bill Belichick.

Replace him with a position coach from the incumbent staff.

Who has only played for the Patriots.

Who has only coached for the Patriots.

We all know how "successful" the Belichick tree has been with other franchises.

???

PROFIT!!!
Yeah, this move really surprised me. I thought Vrabel was the clear choice for NE.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron