2024 NFL coaching carousel (McCarthy is staying!)

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I know Belichick is the hot name, but Jones would be better suited to go out and get Vrable with Bienemy as the OC.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Jerry likes to make a splash, but Bill is washed up. What's his HC record without Brady as QB?

Jerry has gone finesse with his last 2 HC hires. This time it will probably be a hard-nosed coach. The Cowboys need a grinder, a coach whose teams can win when games are tight or they get punched in the face.

Also Dak is a solid QB, but there are only a few QB's in NFL history that can win at a high level without a run game.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Jerry likes to make a splash, but Bill is washed up. What's his HC record without Brady as QB?

Jerry has gone finesse with his last 2 HC hires. This time it will probably be a hard-nosed coach. The Cowboys need a grinder, a coach whose teams can win when games are tight or they get punched in the face.

If Jones was smart, he would wait until after the season and back up a money truck to pry Cambell away from the Lions. But DC is becoming a cult hero in Detroit and may not leave.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
If Jones was smart, he would wait until after the season and back up a money truck to pry Cambell away from the Lions. But DC is becoming a cult hero in Detroit and may not leave.
It’s the nfl, not college. Money alone wouldn’t get that done. Dallas would have to trade for him, and Detroit would ask for a kings ransom to let Campbell go.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
If Jerry makes a change, I could see him going after a guy players can relate to. The Lions DC Aaron Glenn relatively young at 50, a former NFL DB, is a Texas native and played for the Cowboys a couple years.

I tend to believe the Cowboys will keep McCarthy and if Quinn takes a HC job they will take a different approach on defense. Under Quinn their defense seems boom or bust and 100% reliant on great pass rush. Not a bad approach with a guy like Parsons, but they need to be more stout on the DL against the run. The Giants former DC Wink Martindale could bring an aggressive/physical approach on D.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If Dallas is going to make a change, my preference as a fan would be hiring Vrabel

Only way they bring in Vrable is if they can secure a solid OC to pair with him. That’s why I said earlier that a Vrable / Bienemy combo would be interesting with the weapons they have. If they can’t get a solid OC, then I think you have to go offensive coach and try to keep Quinn around. I think his stock took quite a hit yesterday and I’d imagine he’s behind both Detroit coordinators in the pecking order.

Fall Creek

Oct 28, 2023
Dallas should spend whatever is necessary to get Harbaugh if they're serious about competing. Mike McCarthy needs to go back to the buffet where he seems to leave his mind at during playoff games. As a Vikings fan this is like the 10th time where he MMC has a great team that underperforms in the playoffs.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
If Jerry makes a change, I could see him going after a guy players can relate to. The Lions DC Aaron Glenn relatively young at 50, a former NFL DB, is a Texas native and played for the Cowboys a couple years.

I tend to believe the Cowboys will keep McCarthy and if Quinn takes a HC job they will take a different approach on defense. Under Quinn their defense seems boom or bust and 100% reliant on great pass rush. Not a bad approach with a guy like Parsons, but they need to be more stout on the DL against the run. The Giants former DC Wink Martindale could bring an aggressive/physical approach on D.
Jerry will always get a “yes” man.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Man McCarthy must have some dirt on a lot of folks or something because this is shocking. Again he’s won a lot of games so in a way it’s a little refreshing that really good isn’t good enough like a lot of places that are impatient. However, this league is about winning in the postseason and the man has epically failed at that other than that Packers Super Bowl. And that was because you had Aaron Rodgers, whereas with Aaron Rodgers you also only made it to one Super Bowl and had some really bad playoff exits, namely the 2011 team that went 15-1 and lost in the Divisional Playoffs.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Man McCarthy must have some dirt on a lot of folks or something because this is shocking. Again he’s won a lot of games so in a way it’s a little refreshing that really good isn’t good enough like a lot of places that are impatient. However, this league is about winning in the postseason and the man has epically failed at that other than that Packers Super Bowl. And that was because you had Aaron Rodgers, whereas with Aaron Rodgers you also only made it to one Super Bowl and had some really bad playoff exits, namely the 2011 team that went 15-1 and lost in the Divisional Playoffs.

2014-15 meltdown in Seattle was the worst. Beginning of the end for him in GB

Reactions: jctisu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron