34,732 Enrolled This Fall at Iowa State

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Sidewalks are disastrous between 10-2. You can always count on an idiot texting and walking in slo-mo while doing so. The food trucks have helped out but the infrastructure is pushed about as far as it can go.

The second they had to have people living in dens to me was the point Iowa State was ruining the experience of the dorms.

Some had to do this even back when I was a freshman at ISU in '97, it was really common at Iowa at that time.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
35k = a ton of potential cyclone fans being created or reinforced when you take the effect on family members into account

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Picked my son up at Hoover last Friday afternoon to take him to a family wedding rehearsal. I was shocked how many students were wandering around campus at 3:00 on a Friday afternoon.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
I graduated from ISU in 2013. Now at Ukentucky where enrollment is around 30k? Anywho, they are upgrading campus like a madman down here. I wish State would do this. Also, College of Ag here is pretty good but nowhere near the enrollment of ISU. Love it down here beautiful campus, the women are gorgeous. but no FAC?!

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
There goes the theory; 'must have a successful football program to attract increasing enrollment'

The theory is major college football program help enrollment, not that they are a requirement. And given we are coming off arguably our most successful and visible 15 year run, the most relevant 15 years to today's enrollees, I'd say these numbers do nothing but support that theory.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Yeah, let's not link this list too many places, see the "University System of" Ohio, New York, California, Texas...that's exactly the model that some wanted Iowa to go to where ISU is just a satellite campus of the U of I. We'd essentially be University of Nebraska Omaha.

You mean they would be Iowa State, Eastern Iowa

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I graduated from ISU in 2013. Now at Ukentucky where enrollment is around 30k? Anywho, they are upgrading campus like a madman down here. I wish State would do this. Also, College of Ag here is pretty good but nowhere near the enrollment of ISU. Love it down here beautiful campus, the women are gorgeous. but no FAC?!

whoa, are you a grad student in dairy? Kid I knew graduated same year and is now in UK's grad program.