Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Anyone else getting redirected to a completely different website after opening up a thread? (iPhone 6)

It's really easy to click on something you don't want to click on when on mobile. It tends to refresh or try to add things to the page throughout, and when it does, it shifts. Drives me a bit nuts when I'm trying to post anything long as it knocks you out of typing.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
It's really easy to click on something you don't want to click on when on mobile. It tends to refresh or try to add things to the page throughout, and when it does, it shifts. Drives me a bit nuts when I'm trying to post anything long as it knocks you out of typing.

Nope. It'll Happen to me when I'm reading a post and not scrolling or touching the screen at all. It would literally happen half of the time I changed a page last night. Hasn't happened to me yet today.

The exact same thing would happen when I switch from mobile to full on the old format (also an iPhone like WDSM). It's why I just always kept it in mobile on the old format.

It really is beyond frustrating to have to deal with.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUalways

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I have no idea if others are experiencing this but I made a post last night and after I clicked "post reply" the web page goes completely white and I can't do anything. When I went back to cyclone fanatic, my post went through.

I didn't think anything of it but it happened to me again this morning. It appears the site isn't routing me back to the post after I submit it.

Yeah that's happening to me from time to time too. It's been reported.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Nope. It'll Happen to me when I'm reading a post and not scrolling or touching the screen at all. It would literally happen half of the time I changed a page last night. Hasn't happened to me yet today.

The exact same thing would happen when I switch from mobile to full on the old format (also an iPhone like WDSM). It's why I just always kept it in mobile on the old format.

It really is beyond frustrating to have to deal with.

I'll try to snap a screenshot next time it happens. It literally redirects you to some random crazy website.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I have no idea if others are experiencing this but I made a post last night and after I clicked "post reply" the web page goes completely white and I can't do anything. When I went back to cyclone fanatic, my post went through.

I didn't think anything of it but it happened to me again this morning. It appears the site isn't routing me back to the post after I submit it.

It's an ad. Scroll up when you get that and you'll see the banner ad. Refresh the page and it takes you back to the thread.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Yep. That's the one.

Didn't you have similar issues when going full site mode on the old format like I did too? Except it didn't do it nearly as much as it was doing it to me yesterday.
Nope. I rarely went full site on old CF except for likes/rep, but I never hd any issues when I did go full site.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
As others have mentioned, posts/page needs to increase. Also, on the forum list where it shows the poster of the last message, I'd prefer a link to the last message in the thread versus pulling up the user profile info. There are several threads that I don't need to "catch up on" by starting with unread messages.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUalways and Cycsk

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I hid the political forums on my preferences tab and the threads are still showing up on the recents list also.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
So are we keeping the 11 different versions of a like button? That is literally my only dislike about the new format.
Hey, the only options left were dislike and agree. Since I don't agree, I went with the dislike. You just need one person to agree and you will complete the set. :)

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Hey, the only options left were dislike and agree. Since I don't agree, I went with the dislike. You just need one person to agree and you will complete the set. :)

Fair enough. I must be in the minority on the issue which is fine, but I just think it makes the site look Mickey Mouse

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Any word on progress in fixing the white screen of frustration * when you post a reply?

* White Screen of Frustration, copyright SaraV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron