***#5 Iowa State at #9 Missouri (Wednesday, 6:30)***

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I know Schwab had a lot to say about Kysen not being ranked top 10 but I don’t see it.

He needs to be able to finish shots before we talk too 15, let alone top 10.
Now that I see Mastro is hurt that win doesn’t look as impressive on paper. I think Kysen is struggling a little with strength and length. He’s slick but needs to have the ability to finish shots with either technique or strength. Ranking seems appropriate now

Reactions: crablegs

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
What a match. I have rewatched the Bastida - Elam 3rd period about 10 times. Bastida was gassed. And then Elam went totally empty in the gas tank. Bastida toughed it out and made it happen. Great win for him and the Clones!

I went on the Missouri website to see what they said. They have a grand total of 2 posts. One was saying a big match was going on. The other pinned the blame on Rocky Elam. Cyclone Fanatic here is on 20 pages with like 20 posts per page. We have the most passionate fans.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
What a match. I have rewatched the Bastida - Elam 3rd period about 10 times. Bastida was gassed. And then Elam went totally empty in the gas tank. Bastida toughed it out and made it happen. Great win for him and the Clones!

I went on the Missouri website to see what they said. They have a grand total of 2 posts. One was saying a big match was going on. The other pinned the blame on Rocky Elam. Cyclone Fanatic here is on 20 pages with like 20 posts per page. We have the most passionate fans.

Dresser getting in the refs ear was a crafty veteran coach move. It moved YBs tank off E and he looked entirely different coming off that break.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
How long before these matches get posted on Youtube?
I searched this morning and couldn’t find it. I did, however, go down a rabbit hole of Bastida’s international freestyle matches. My God…. That is a MAN.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa

There was one fan on the discord channel that simply was livid about the end of 3rd stall call. Said there is no way a ref can call that with :09 left. Well doesn’t matter to me if it’s 1:00 or 0:09 when your guy is sprinting in reverse the stall is justified.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
There was one fan on the discord channel that simply was livid about the end of 3rd stall call. Said there is no way a ref can call that with :09 left. Well doesn’t matter to me if it’s 1:00 or 0:09 when your guy is sprinting in reverse the stall is justified.
And the call didn't cost Elam the match. He had a chance to win in OT. Also the ref was calling a lot of stalling on both teams.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
So, there's a lot of discussion about the late stall call. Which seems like it's rare but mostly justified in this case. But, if we were Missouri fans, we'd be screaming for the next week about the non-pin at 125. From the camera's angle it looked like Kysen was pinned for 10+ seconds. Anyone know how that gets missed or why it wasn't called?

• Agree
Reactions: Proton and HouClone