***#8 Iowa State vs #4 Iowa (Sunday, 2:00)***

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Speaking of "crossing the line," why didn't Terry Brands ever get a warning for going way out of the coaches' box and wandering almost to the other corner to communicate with his wrestler (or the ref)?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Speaking of "crossing the line," why didn't Terry Brands ever get a warning for going way out of the coaches' box and wandering almost to the other corner to communicate with his wrestler (or the ref)?
He should have at least received a warning. I saw one time with both dumb and dumber where they were on the mat and should have been a team point. Refs were crappy, only reason.

EDIT: technically the only place that refs are supposed to communicate with the ref (outside of their box/corner) is at the head table and they are suppose to motion to the head table as kind of an ask to the ref to speak for clarification there.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
He should have at least received a warning. I saw one time with both dumb and dumber where they were on the mat and should have been a team point. Refs were crappy, only reason.

EDIT: technically the only place that refs are supposed to communicate with the ref (outside of their box/corner) is at the head table and they are suppose to motion to the head table as kind of an ask to the ref to speak for clarification there.
Metcalf made sure to let the Ref know he wasn't doing his job keeping Jerry in his box

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
He also kept directly taunting a couple of fellas with floor seats on the west side of the mat.

Kind of was funny.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He also kept directly taunting a couple of fellas with floor seats on the west side of the mat.

Kind of was funny.
What was going on there? My seats were on the other side. I heard/saw him yelling at what looked like maybe one of his own fans at one point.

Also, did anyone figure out if that girl the EMS people had to take out was ok?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
What was going on there? My seats were on the other side. I heard/saw him yelling at what looked like maybe one of his own fans at one point.

There were a couple of guys holding a fist up for stalling quite often and chirping at Brands and I think it was the woods match after he won in SV, Terry ran almost the entire way over there.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Anyone hear much from the recruits in town for the dual? I talked to Cade Ziola's dad before the meet. Really hope we land him.

Reactions: Cyguy1994

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

I totally missed that.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Anyone hear much from the recruits in town for the dual? I talked to Cade Ziola's dad before the meet. Really hope we land him.
I've heard it was a great weekend and the vibe around the program was phenomenal. We will see if we can land any, but think overall it was a great visit for the recruits that were here

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I've heard it was a great weekend and the vibe around the program was phenomenal. We will see if we can land any, but think overall it was a great visit for the recruits that were here
Had to enjoy the ISU wrestling style more than the heavy hands, stall out style that Iowa showed.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Hey I finally calmed down to re watch some matches. I have to say with more confidence that Echemendia scored. Chittum I’m not sure, could have gone either way but we were in line for a makeup call after screwing us at 141.

One thing that really hasn’t been talked about and in the grand scheme wouldn’t have mattered but may have generated more momentum, I’m not so sure David didn’t score to get a tech right at the end.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
The year where the football team went 9-3, basketball 32-5, women's BB to the elite 8, and the wresting team finished second in the nation (I think). Was 2000 I believe.

Speaking of wrestling that year. I was in Mpls for the basketball game against Auburn. I remember being at a bar and in the restroom a Cyclone fan high fived me and said "we are going to win a NT in wrestling!!!" I didn't know what the heck he meant, he then went on to explain to me that ISU had it in the bag. A lot had to go wrong for ISU to lose the advantageous position they were win for the final day, and guess what, it did. Iowa ended up winning.
I was there...Never speak of this dark day again. I've got a particular set of skills and will hunt you down....

Help Support Us

Become a patron