A lot of good things yesterday

Cyfan13

Dec 14, 2007
Ames
Admit it, you're just furthering the defense discussion in hopes of getting #13 mentioned for his most awesome defensive skills. :wink:

Lol....I just want EVERYONE on the team to play defense...Not just one or two. You know the saying, "Offense wins games, defense wins championships" :yes:

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I agree that CJ is a good player. He is pshyical (which is more than we can say about most of our bigs) and he hustles the entire time (which is also more than we can say about most of our bigs). Let's look at the numbers between him and AT.

CJ: 9 games FG13-19 (.684), 3's 0-2, FT's 5-7 (.714), 31 total points avg 3.4 ppg, and 1.3 rpg....Cory is only avergaging 10 min a game. Now let's look at AT.

AT: 9 games FG8-27 (.296), 3's 1-6, FT's 3-10 (.30), 20 total points averaging 2.2 ppg, and 2.2 rpg...while averaging 14.8 min a game.

I would rather have CJ playing over AT any day.

Then I am very glad you are not coaching.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I totally agree. Wes is a great offensive player...never has been a great (or even good) defender. He's actually the worst defender on the team, and that has nothing to do with the foot injury! Hopefully he can focus some of his offensive energy into defensive energy...

Wow, Wes, even hobbled, is not our worst defender. BP gets that nod.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Sorry snowcraig...I'm gonna take the word of this gal over yours input.

Seeing how she's kinda close to the team and all.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
You do have to admit she has a point though. We'll definitly find out next year when Jiri is gone though, because both of those guys will have much bigger roles. I think if Cory can learn to move his feet a little better he can become an easy option over Thompson.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Unfortunately, I don't get to see the Cyclones as much as I would like but everytime I have seen C. Johnson he looks, to me, to be "out of his league". He always seems "frantic" out there.

Clearly, the offensive end is his best end but when he goes against players of equal or bigger size he struggles...witness the 3-9 shooting with no FTs agains Ohio St. last year. Additionally, he is not much of a rebounder...witness his having only 8 rebounds in the first 8 games this year.

By the way, Oden did score 18 (8-15 shooting) and get 9 boards against ISU last year as he was trying to "kick the rust off" coming back from injury...I'm not sure I would use that as an example of how great C. Johnson is (unless, of course, you thought Oden was going to go for 40 and 20)!

Your first paragraph says it all. Until you can make an informed comment, please keep your pointless opinions to yourself.

Why is it so hard to be happy for a kid when he has a good game?

Cyfan13

Dec 14, 2007
Ames
Wow, Wes, even hobbled, is not our worst defender. BP gets that nod.

BP is not that bad of a defender. Wes, even last year, is slow way too slow on defense. He gets beat everytime which causes other people to have to come over and help. Watch him on defense on Wednesday and you'll see.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
cyfan13: I love that avatar. RC is one good looking dude and has a great smile!

- keep.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
What more of a story is there?

Hmm, how about we talk about Rashon? His career averages are prolly what, 12 and 7 (i am just guessing)? He has only been to one NCAA tourney as well. These are still good numbers, but in my opinion, and I am sure you and others here would agree, he has meant much more to the program than those numbers have shown (he is prolly my favorite Clone of all time for staying with the program). That's how numbers don't tell the whole story.

One of CJ's buckets was off a great pass out of the double team from AT. Thompson also had two or three times where his box out cleared for us to get the board. That's how numbers don't tell the whole story.

Don't get me wrong, I think CJ and AT can both be contributors, I just don't think CJ has the size to do it at the 5.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I didn't see her degrade anyone. She's got more insight on the team than anyone else that posts here...easily. There are members here that have degraded some of our players and continue to do so. Try not to take those past posts out on someone that is offering an well-informed look at the team.

What I saw from her, was an honest view point that was pretty accurate. I don't fully agree with all of it, but I see her position and at the end of the day - she could be dead right.

And dragging Clark into it while feebly trying to make your point was kinda low.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
No doubt man, there is a severe bug in your butt. She just thinks Cory is a better option right now and I honestly can see a very good point there. AT must be your brother or something because you're taking things way to personally.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I didn't see her degrade anyone. She's got more insight on the team than anyone else that posts here...easily. There are members here that have degraded some of our players and continue to do so. Try not to take those past posts out on someone that is offering an well-informed look at the team.

I saw an honest view point that was pretty accurate. I don't fully agree with all of it, but I see her position and at the end of the day - she could be dead right.

And dragging Clark into it while feebly trying to make your point was kinda low.

I wasn't talking about her. That was made in response to someone else. She hasn't degraded anyone, I just don't agree that CJ is a better option than AT at the 5.

And how was I dragging Clark into anything? Did you actually read what I wrote, the part where I said how much he meant to the program?

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
You quoted her...you're disagreeing with her...who else are we to think you are referring to?

I read what you wrote the first time and stand by my statement.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
You quoted her...you're disagreeing with her...who else are we to think you are referring to?

I read what you wrote the first time and stand by my statement.

I'm sorry 22, but you are wrong, go follow the trail back to where JBHtexas quoted me from, and you will see to whom I was referring with the 'degrading' comment.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
Actually, MJAnderson did say I should be happy with our team or switch loyalties to KU or UNC!

I just get a little tired of the euphoria that comes over some when a marginal player like C. Johnson has a decent game against the likes of a Bethune-Cookman.

You are certainly right about being in transition...maybe we should change our name from the "Cyclones" to the "Wait 'til Next Years".

This is what I was talking about.