All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
In no way am I saying that Purdue is some great team or even a good team. I'm saying that Purdue has some exciting players on their offense that could make this game interesting. They've beaten Iowa two out of the past three years and two years ago they blew the doors off of #2 Ohio State.
I didnt say that you said they're good, I'm just saying they're bad.
Their coach's record, their opponent's win total, etc are all bad.
Iowa is just plain better.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Who besides Moore and Bell?

Who's throwing those guys the ball?

Are they both even playing? I know Purdue has multiple guys out
Does anyone know who's starting for Purdue, seriously?
Did he break Goff's high school records?

I got Iowa by 17

Reactions: CyTwins

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Purdue is terrible. 4-8 last year and lost their QB plus don't have their coach on the sidelines. I don't think Iowa is good if they were playing a team with a pulse I'd predict a loss but it's Purdue
Kenny Miller said 5-6 players and 4 coaches out.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Who besides Moore and Bell?

Who's throwing those guys the ball?

Are they both even playing? I know Purdue has multiple guys out
Jack Plummer is going to get the start. They have a pretty good senior in Jackson Anthrop who was one of the main guys before Moore and Bell came to town. They also have four other 4-star WR's, one a sophomore, one a redshirt freshman, and the other two are true freshman.

And if Bell or Moore or both are out that changes everything. If they're out Iowa shouldn't have a problem.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I didnt say that you said they're good, I'm just saying they're bad.
Their coach's record, their opponent's win total, etc are all bad.
Iowa is just plain better.
Sure, but that's why games are played eh? Iowa would be 3 for 3 against Purdue in the last 3 years if they never would've played the games and just would've given it to the "better" team.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Jack Plummer is going to get the start. They have a pretty good senior in Jackson Anthrop who was one of the main guys before Moore and Bell came to town. They also have four other 4-star WR's, one a sophomore, one a redshirt freshman, and the other two are true freshman.

And if Bell or Moore or both are out that changes everything. If they're out Iowa shouldn't have a problem.
Plummer is the starter? Iowa will win easily then

Anthrop isn't very good

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Plummer is the starter? Iowa will win easily then

Anthrop isn't very good
He went 30-50 with 327 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT last year in Kinnick. That was without Moore AND he was a true freshman.

May 7, 2020
Twins why do you think the Clones will lose? I know you think ISU is stronger at QB, TE, and RB. I mean you have the best TE room in the nation, an all american heisman contender RB, and an NFL first round draft pick at QB. I don't see Okie St being able to stop that group. If all of that is true, there probably isn't a team in the country that could match up with ISU in those three key position groups. Even if running back is a push you have an advantage in the other two groups and a much improved offensive line. Are you worried about your receivers?

Like I said earlier I think ISU has better wins against Texas and TCU. I think the Clones win this one.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He had two games all season with a QB rating over 125 and that was Maryland and Nebraska at home
You're being overly critical considering his QB rating was 124 against Iowa last year. And also, he was a true freshman. I'm not calling the kid a stud, I'm just saying he should be better, he should have all of his weapons, and he's going up against an Iowa defense that should be far below their usual standard.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Twins why do you think the Clones will lose? I know you think ISU is stronger at QB, TE, and RB. I mean you have the best TE room in the nation, an all american heisman contender RB, and an NFL first round draft pick at QB. I don't see Okie St being able to stop that group. If all of that is true, there probably isn't a team in the country that could match up with ISU in those three key position groups. Even if running back is a push you have an advantage in the other two groups and a much improved offensive line. Are you worried about your receivers?

Like I said earlier I think ISU has better wins against Texas and TCU. I think the Clones win this one.
Because our defense has to stop arguably the best RB in the country and a top-10 WR. Their head coach is a great offensive mind. If we win this game we'll likely be favored the rest of the way out but that still doesn't mean we'll win out. Still have to play the games. If you didn't we might as well just hand Clemson the national title right now because they're no doubt the most talented team in the nation at almost every single position.

Reactions: 1776

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Because our defense has to stop arguably the best RB in the country and a top-10 WR. Their head coach is a great offensive mind. If we win this game we'll likely be favored the rest of the way out but that still doesn't mean we'll win out. Still have to play the games. If you didn't we might as well just hand Clemson the national title right now because they're no doubt the most talented team in the nation at almost every single position.
Okie St and KState will most likely be coin flips. Honestly, if you'd offer me a split, I'd take it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Oklahoma State is the #6 team in the country and we play them on the road

Iowa State hasn't played Texas

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You're being overly critical considering his QB rating was 124 against Iowa last year. And also, he was a true freshman. I'm not calling the kid a stud, I'm just saying he should be better, he should have all of his weapons, and he's going up against an Iowa defense that should be far below their usual standard.
Having a 124 QB rating vs a Phil Parker defense isn't an accomplishment lol. Plus he can't run

• Haha
Reactions: 1776