***Big 10 Thread***

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
No, which makes it even worse. Pollard is giving up a home game to go on the road against MAC teams.
Speaking of MAC teams, look at what Northern Illinois has lined up for noncon this year. Damn. They probably finish the season with a tougher complete schedule than Iowa.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
But you have the Clones going 3-1 in November despite CMC's 3-5 career mark in November as the Clones coach?

Or maybe he's actually looking at the schedule like you insisted he do, and basing his prediction on the teams we're playing in November of 2018 (KState, Baylor etc) instead of a 2 year sample size as though that's some kind of absolute indicator for future success.

But your way seems solid too. Carry on with your hawk talk.

Last edited:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wow! Out of USA Today's projected top 25 for this fall ISU plays all four Big 12 teams and Iowa only plays two out of five Big 10 teams and projections would be that they lose to Wisky and PSU.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Utah is going to Northern Illinois this year.

Teams that aren't afraid to leave their border do it.

edit: Miami FL is playing at Toledo this year. BYU does next year.
Kansas at Central Michigan.
Maryland at Bowling Green.
Syracuse at Western Michigan.
Kentucky at Eastern Michigan next year.
Kentucky at Akron in the future.

damn

Miami, Maryland and Kentucky only have 5 road games. Maryland and Kentucky still have 7 home games and Miami is playing a neutral site game against LSU.

Congrats on being like the KU and Syracuse football programs?

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Miami, Maryland and Kentucky only have 5 road games. Maryland and Kentucky still have 7 home games and Miami is playing a neutral site game against LSU.

Michigan, Ohio State, Wisky, Penn State and MSU probably say the same thing about Iowa.

Iowa will be down this year. Kilmer is too busy dealing with his neighbors.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Michigan, Ohio State, Wisky, Penn State and MSU probably say the same thing about Iowa.

Iowa will be down this year. Kilmer is too busy dealing with his neighbors.

You saying Girl Scouts and a lemon aid stand will be the downfall of Hawkeye football this year?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

So Miami is playing a neutral against LSU? Kirk could barely make it out of Chicago playing an aforementioned MAC team.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
We really just need to get out of the Iowa series and we'll have a lot more flexibility on scheduling some different home and aways with some SEC type teams. Too bad Pollard already tried to take a break from it and Barta said no

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We really just need to get out of the Iowa series and we'll have a lot more flexibility on scheduling some different home and aways with some SEC type teams. Too bad Pollard already tried to take a break from it and Barta said no
Can you imagine the even deeper illegal lengths Barta may have to stoop to attendance wise if ISU isn't on the schedule?

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia

Can you imagine the even deeper illegal lengths Barta may have to stoop to attendance wise if ISU isn't on the schedule?
gotta-be-quicker-than-that-gif.gif

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Well to be fair, Iowa tried getting a game at Soldier Field against Notre Dame but Pollard wouldnt allow Iowa to drop ISU for a season.
So Barta didn't want to drop one of the MAC schools on the schedule that you make fun of? How shocking.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I don't think the Big Ten will be very good in basketball again next year. In fact i think they will be worse because I think Wagner leaves and I don't see a championship caliber team in the Big Ten.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
As for Iowa not playing 11 power 5 schools... that is just smart unless the 11th school is KU.