Big 12 Conference Realignment

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Last year’s OuT game drew slightly more than the KSU-ISU game. Proves that fans love a competitive game between two teams with a winning record almost as than if those teams are blue blood.
Typical fan on a Saturday night browses the games to see what gets their interest. I'm sure that game won over nearly every fan that didn't have a rooting interest playing.

I've watched it four times already which is double my norm.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
The only thing I heard (and it is probably conjecture) is that Jamie and the KSU AD didn’t work that hard for one. Don’t know why.
Ksu had a rival with Kansas and probably didn't want to add another one. Jamie probably didn't want to push hard.

• Informative
Reactions: Kinch

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I would imagine it outperforms the results on the field\network it ends up being on. It’s just more often than not there's been at least one bad team involved and it gets relegated to some network where no one draws viewers.
Agreed.

Living out on the west coast I had multiple friends text me during the game how awesome it looked on tv. Same with co workers when I got back to work Monday. It was a novelty snow game that turned out to be highly entertaining and also aesthetically pleasing and in turn it looks like a lot of people watched.

Also, most them couldn’t believe Abu Sama wasn’t a blue chip and just local 3 star product.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I have a feeling we may find out something was illegal / fraud in that 240 million.
They purchased an online college for $1 thinking it was a great deal. Then they found out how much “that investment” is costing them.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Ksu had a rival with Kansas and probably didn't want to add another one. Jamie probably didn't want to push hard.

It's been a good three decades now that KSU is an above average FBS team (nobody can argue above average, beyond that gets into some debate).

I'm fine with not guaranteeing them on our schedule every single year.

Arizona is playing great right now and Baylor/TCU are unusually down very quickly, but if you look at the past decade Utah, KState, TCU, Baylor and OKSt are probably the teams where if you guaranteed play them every season you're going to trend toward a harder SOS than if you didn't play them every single year.

If KSU was traditionally as bad as KU sign me up. It's why I'm not going to kill Iowa for having relatively easy Neb/Minn because at least they also have Wisconsin that's been a top half team in their conference. If they just had Neb/Minn I'd laugh about how they still tricked out an easy schedule even in their new league. Still just Neb/Minn guaranteed I expect them to be #16 to #18 on average in that big league if you just look at conference game strength, I just don't see either of those programs being anything other than a punching bag as the 7-8 big brands get more and more money/exposure.

LonelyCyKC

Mar 17, 2016
BYU and ISU have the largest capacity football stadiums in the new Big 12, so perhaps a future rivalry might develop between them. I just do not want the manufactured rivalry to be with Colorado. Had enough back in the Big 8 days.

LonelyCyKC

Mar 17, 2016
Also what about KU's proposed mini-football stadium featuring a whopping 39,000 seats. Puke.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Who told you that? The stadium's final capacity is not finalized yet, but it will be more than 45K. Most speculate it will be around 50K.
I think they’re talking about the reduced capacity for just next season while they construct and confusing it for the final capacity

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Pretty sure initial recommendation and subsequent rumors were that capacity was going to fall just below 40k, but the AD came out and said that wasn’t going to happen in August. He never gave a specific number but said it’d be more than 40,000.

Pretty sure the general consensus is low 40s (potentially) to mid 40s.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Looking at this i feel like we jumped the gun taking all 4 following OuTs announcing. Colorado will only be a temporary blip on the radar then fall back to nothing soon enough. I wonder if we needed all 4 to secure stability. Hindsight Cincinnati/BYU would of lessen the overall watering down. Then grabbing Arizona plus Colorado would of given us a stronger 12.

• Optimistic
Reactions: WhoISthis

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron