Bigs for next year?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My bad…. I saw CJ going out tonight on senior night and assumed he was gone. That is awesome news for sure!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Can we enjoy this win and 18-0 at home for at least an hour before we start worrying about bigs next year? Yeeesh

Trust me…. I’m enjoying it a lot! Not an issue.

Just didn’t realize Ward was already a senior until I saw him out there for senior night, that’s all.

So was just wondering if anyone had any insights on who we might be looking at bringing in. No biggie…. but I understand everyone’s desire on here to put down clonedude. Whatever makes them happy I guess.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Bigs next year - Watson, Fish, Omaha (he'll play as a big, maybe as a three a little) and 2 transfer bigs.

Guards - Everybody coming back and adding Jelani Hamilton. Incoming two stud freshman in Peirce and Nojus somethingsomething. Wouldn't be suprised if Pavs transfers.

Once the Dance is over I will be very curious to see who we add in the portal.

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
Trust me…. I’m enjoying it a lot! Not an issue.

Just didn’t realize Ward was already a senior until I saw him out there for senior night, that’s all.

So was just wondering if anyone had any insights on who we might be looking at bringing in. No biggie…. but I understand everyone’s desire on here to put down clonedude. Whatever makes them happy I guess.
Not trying to put you down-not sure what you mean about “everyone’s desire” to put you down, but we’ll have plenty of time to worry about bigs and who might leave and all that stuff later. It’s all good

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I want bigs, not guards. I was saying our only 2 commits right now are both guards and won’t help our ‘bigs’ problem.
Why isn't Biliew a big? He's listed at 6'8" & 225lbs.

If he's going to play next year, it's most like at the 4/5 spots. His body will mature and a summer in weight room he could easily be 235lbs.

I agree we need a portal big. But Momcilovic, Watson, Rock, Biliew and Fish are a good nucleus returning.

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
Not trying to put you down-not sure what you mean about “everyone’s desire” to put you down, but we’ll have plenty of time to worry about bigs and who might leave and all that stuff later. It’s all good
We're getting close to the point where the best portal transfers are going to WANT to explicitly come here and play for TJ. Dude has got to be one of the top 2 or 3 choices at this point for National Coach of the Year.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
I don't think the halfcourt trap defense will be very good next year if we go to a 4G system. We had that with Fred and I hated it - no rebounds, weak defense, pray that 3's go in.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I’d take another Hasan, I’d take 2 actually. The one problem with bigs for us is that it seems like they need a year to understand the defense at the highest level. Ward and BRE are extremely smart defensive players and you don’t learn it overnight.
I think TJ would clone Ward if he could. Have a guy like him on the roster every year, forever.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
OP forgot we have TJ and other teams don’t have TJ. We will have bigs next season. Probably pretty good ones.

I said at the beginning of the year people were crazy to not easily be optimistic. In an age of turnover and uncertainty we had every positive indicator you could ask for. Great coach, great point guard, a top freshman class, a top transfer class, an elite home court.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Replacing Rob and Hassan is going to be difficult. If you look at box score you’d disagree.

Hassan’s impact is really hard to quantify. He covers so much ground it’s crazy. Rob’s perimeter defense on the pick and roll is elite for a big man.

Our defense is built on great ball pressure and individual defense but what makes it elite is the help and the rotations.

so much more difficult to replace than what it appears on the surface.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It’s really a physical presence we’ll need. Watson and Milan actually have a lot of length and will keep improving on both ends, but neither can be as physical as Rob/King.

I have to think Watson will be a key rotational player even if it means we’re a little smaller and more up tempo. Rock is such an unknown, maybe he will shock people like Audi Crooks and be ready.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron