BLOG: A few notes on the 2017-18 basketball schedule

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It's kind of a lose lose deal for JP. Don't sell the tickets and have a bunch of empty seats or sell the tickets and have a full house. Either way, Hilton isn't the same compared to when school is in session.

Well, what you could do is offer students first crack at them. Have them be included in the season ticket package, but they must be claimed by students by a certain point before the game. Then they open up to others.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Well, what you could do is offer students first crack at them. Have them be included in the season ticket package, but they must be claimed by students by a certain point before the game. Then they open up to others.

IMO the best option would be to keep Cyclone Alley reserved for students and sell the upper deck seats. First come first serve for the students for the Cyclone Alley seats.

Reactions: isutrevman

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
I'm more curious to see what other games or what other sports are happening at 2PM & 4 PM that day that put the ISU & OSU games in ****** time slots. The rest of the Big 12 is playing in the morning or early-afternoon, so it's not like Kansas is taking up one of those spots on ESPN.

Saturday, January 13
K-State at Kansas (ESPN/2), 11 a.m.
TCU at Oklahoma (ESPNU), 12 p.m.
West Virginia at Texas Tech (ESPN/2), 1 p.m.
Baylor at Iowa State (ESPNews), 2 p.m.
Texas at Oklahoma State (ESPNews), 4 p.m.

I would think a 2PM match-up between ISU & Baylor would be decent enough to make it on ESPNU

OK State plays on ESPNews 3 times this season. That's gotta be rough for those fans.

I would assume there would be NFL playoff games on that Saturday and Sunday.

Probably not on ESPN but why would they put a more marquee game on the afternoon to compete against the NFL postseason?

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Last year for the Texas game (Christmas break) they gave students the option to buy a ticket for either 5 or 10 dollars which I did. I know one of my friends bought one for himself and then brought his dad, but buying additional tickets as a student was something like 20 or 25 dollars instead of 10.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I would assume there would be NFL playoff games on that Saturday and Sunday.

Probably not on ESPN but why would they put a more marquee game on the afternoon to compete against the NFL postseason?

Michigan-Michigan State and Minnesota-Purdue are playing that day as well, but those are the only Big 10 games going on.I would assume Michigan-Michigan State would be a primetime matchup. Minnesota-Purdue also seems like it would be a later game. Just seems weird for a Saturday afternoon in January to put the Big 12 conference on early in the day unless there is something better going on that night. You are right though that the NFL playoffs would start at that time, so I'm sure that is part of it. Looks like there are some NBA games too.

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

The students don't show up for the most part anyway. Even if they claim them, they likely wouldn't come back for the game.

The little kids and the families really aren't that bad. They are loud and pretty enthusiastic.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Whoa - did someone already point out that TCU @ ISU (Feb 21) will be on Cyclones.TV? How did that happen?

Last year's game at TCU was on FS Southwest. So maybe it's a make-good for ISU's Tier 3 this year.

D

Deleted member 8507

So, 9 games on ESPNU, 1 game on ESPNNews, 7 games on ESPN or ESPN2 and one game on Cyclone.TV. Looks like I have to switch my channel stream to get the U and News channels.

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
Any idea when these tickets go on sale to the public?
I've been looking. In the past single game tickets through Mizzou tickets should be in early October. Season ticket holders should get theirs early October also, making Stubhub tickets more affordable. Right now only the donors have their tickets and resale and are charging an arm and a leg.