Chris Soules Arrested

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Not really. He left the scene of an accident. It was obviously serious enough that he was arrested at 1 in the morning.

We don't know why he left, but the police obviously thought he should have stayed.

I only saw the first report that didn't have much info and if arresting equals guilty than that is a new change in the law.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I would assume there would be toxicology report that would come out if drunk.

He could easily have been working in the field all day and night.

Not sure when they caught up to him for the toxicology, but it stays in your system quite a while.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Not as easy to see as you think at 8:30 at night on 2 lane roads in buchanan county with no shoulder whatsoever.

It's April in Iowa and he is (sort of) a farmer. A tractor on the road is not a surprise.

Accidents happen. But it is fishy that one flees from an accident. Its not like he was a scared 16 year old kid.

And it's somewhat unusual for an arrest for leaving an accident to occur so soon after it.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Not as easy to see as you think at 8:30 at night on 2 lane roads in buchanan county with no shoulder whatsoever.

I always forget it is darker farther north. We still have pretty good light after 8:00 for a while in southern Iowa this time of year. We also have a ton of farm equipment and occasional Amish buggies.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I only saw the first report that didn't have much info and if arresting equals guilty than that is a new change in the law.

No one said that.

But if he did leave the scene, he's guilty of leaving the scene. It's not like he didn't notice hitting s tractor.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I grew up about a mile away from the scene and take that road to turkey hunt every spring. I'm really curious as to how they caught him? With it being dark out and virtually no lighting with numerous gravel roads to duck into I have no clue how he was caught.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
It's April in Iowa and he is (sort of) a farmer. A tractor on the road is not a surprise.

Accidents happen. But it is fishy that one flees from an accident. Its not like he was a scared 16 year old kid.

And it's somewhat unusual for an arrest for leaving an accident to occur so soon after it.

I'd even think that "sort of" is a stretch.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I grew up about a mile away from the scene and take that road to turkey hunt every spring. I'm really curious as to how they caught him? With it being dark out and virtually no lighting with numerous gravel roads to duck into I have no clue how he was caught.

Maybe someone saw damage to the truck before he got it hidden away. Wonder if it also has his name on it.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

My guess is that since everyone knows who he is, someone saw him driving with damage and reported it.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
What's so hard to understand? Chris was driving a pickup truck that smashed into the back of a tractor. Sending the tractor into the ditch, the gentlemen driving the tractor was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he passed away. Chris was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident.

Purely speculating here but there will likely be a few more charges since the gentlemen passed away. If they can find proof that Chris was texting and driving it would sure bring some light to the new laws recently passed.

While Im pretty sure he was driving, the only report I have seen that says he was the driver is the TMZ report.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
For those who might not know what kind of tractor a JD 2640 is here is a picture of one. It would basically be a utility or chore type of tractor as it's only a 70 HP tractor so it wouldn't have enough horse power to do any heavy field work. It wouldn't take much to knock a tractor like this off the road, especially in a pickup that was driving with any kind of speed.

8999-td4-b01-ext315.jpg