Commercials that need to be shot into the sun

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I really wish we went the European route with pharmaceutical commercials.

I can't hear 'moderate to severe' anything (normally itch) which leads to losing your bowels and death as side effects. Also always dont use the medication if your allergic to it.

If your sick go to the ****** doctor.

• Agree
Reactions: Turn2

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Really! I think these are among the best. A stupid topic for repeated ads, but so many creative funny ones.

Progressive and GEICO have had long runs of great ones. Mayhem ones are great.

Now Liberty can burn in hell.
Yeah, the Lemu the emu ones never got any traction with me (deep voice: and Doug)

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The big dude that had the TV show with Melissa McCarthy.

His drug commercial has apparently lead to a nation shitting itself silly. (How do they get it BTW?)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Watching the HS FB championships, those allegiant airlines ones are awful. Two attorneys talking about stolen terminal seats?? Didn’t know who it was until the end and it was painful to watch.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That is the most awesome commercial ever!
I would literally turn the channel when that came on. It was awful and annoying. Worst part was, there were no close ones to me so I had a crappy commercial and even if it did draw my attention I wasn’t going to be able to go to one.

CyState85

May 8, 2019
I can’t find the commercial but HyVee has one that shows face shots of their employees with the Pink song “Perfect” playing. I think I get what they are trying to do but the song starts with “Mistreated…” so you are immediately led to believe their employees are mistreated.

Side note…marketing team for HyVee needs to take two weeks off then quit.

• Haha
Reactions: 2020cy and Turn2

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Any commercial with children (literally) screaming or a dog smacking food. I can't remember which product specifically had both of those, but I cannot jump for the remote quickly enough to mute the tv. If you want to sell me a product, do NOT put shrieking children in your ad. It's the best way to ensure you never get my money.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Really! I think these are among the best. A stupid topic for repeated ads, but so many creative funny ones.

Progressive and GEICO have had long runs of great ones. Mayhem ones are great.

Now Liberty can burn in hell.

This 1000%. Doug and Emu can burn in hell. Those commercials suck so bad.

But I could watch JK Simmons sell toilet paper. Many of his are good, as are several Mayhem commercials, and Baker Mayfield put out some decent ones. GEICO has been slipping, and Flo has jumped the shark with Jon Hamm. Jamie is now 10x as enjoyable as Flo.

Pharma ads should be banned a la tobacco ads.