Cy-Hawk Dual

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
His brother was at 41 for NDSU I believe. And he seemed to be almost as tall as Jarrett.

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
Both wrestlers have demonstrated leadership and loyalty to the current coaching staff and ISU program as a whole. We do not always know all of the inside story, and to assume that one wrestler just deserves a spot over another because of something that happened 3 years ago is somewhat naive. Perhaps we owe them both the respect to sort out that the best wrestler capable of scoring the most points at the 2022 NCAA wrestling championship be the representative for ISU at Big 12's in Tulsa in March. We should be thankful that ISU had both of them; we should be so lucky to have all 10 weights have guys of this caliber.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Both wrestlers have demonstrated leadership and loyalty to the current coaching staff and ISU program as a whole. We do not always know all of the inside story, and to assume that one wrestler just deserves a spot over another because of something that happened 3 years ago is somewhat naive. Perhaps we owe them both the respect to sort out that the best wrestler capable of scoring the most points at the 2022 NCAA wrestling championship be the representative for ISU at Big 12's in Tulsa in March. We should be thankful that ISU had both of them; we should be so lucky to have all 10 weights have guys of this caliber.
Winner. Wrestling has always been a sport of - If you want something, go earn it. Nothing is given here. That's what makes wrestling the best sport to set kids up for success in life.

pancake

Nov 19, 2017
I’m not speaking for @Crazyape22 but my problem is that 6th year seniors don’t typically have growth spurts. One of two things likely happened:
1. Parker got a bit careless with his weight in the off-season and didn’t feel like getting it all the way back down so he just decided to go 49.
2. He lifted his way out of 41. If this scenario is the case it should have been discussed/planned with the coaches and strength/conditioning staff. From what I’ve seen it sounds like the staff was caught off guard about Parker wanting to switch.

To me I don’t know if anything nefarious going on other than just a very, very crappy team move by Parker.
In this individual sport, Parker has been a "team" guy for ISU for his career. For example, moving from 133 to 141 in late January (his freshman year) after Storr exited (and basically giving up a sure spot at NCAAs due to starting over at a new weight so late in the season). Degen has been injury ridden and not the same version of himself as 3 years ago, in part due to injuries, and in part due to people catching on to his style. Both have been admirable competitors and great representions of what we want ISU wrestling to be...tough, gritty, and hard-nosed. I would take an army of both of them any day! With this 6th year being granted, was it even known that Jarrett was coming back. The beauty of wrestling is that both wrestlers have the chance to prove on the mat that they are the best representative for ISU at Big 12's. 'Nuff said.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Does anyone know if Redding actually certified at/can make 133? I hope everything works itself out, but a team of: Kysen, Redding, Parker, Degen, Carr, ??, Broderson/Devine, Coleman, Yonger, Schuyler - might give us 55 to 60 points max at Nationals? More realistically 45-55 points putting us in the top 10. Sound about right?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Does anyone know if Redding actually certified at/can make 133? I hope everything works itself out, but a team of: Kysen, Redding, Parker, Degen, Carr, ??, Broderson/Devine, Coleman, Yonger, Schuyler - might give us 55 to 60 points max at Nationals? More realistically 45-55 points putting us in the top 10. Sound about right?
I think so but health always seems to bite us. I just hope we stay healthy. Especially Parker Coleman and Degen

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but did Shapiro just change his name to Devine?
8C1A46B4-5B47-4EFB-90E9-FC2A544AB4D5.jpeg

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Disappointing that it's not going to be a good match but taking my son to his first wrestling meet so I am sure we will still find a way to make it fun.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
With fans like you guys who needs enemies. It has been sicking reading all this crap about how we are going to get killed which is not going to happen but if it makes you feel better continue. With the lineup I expect ISU and IA to put out on Sunday it would not shock me if it comes down to the last match. Now go ahead and continue your pity party.