Fixed Defect: Banned - reasoning

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't you ban the IP address at one point? Wouldn't that solve some of the rejoining under various names? I'm not very good with tech so bare with me.

IP bans have been effective in the past, but not much anymore. Most users have a laundry list of posting IPs due to multiple connection points, smart phones, etc. They're good for tracking down alts, and confirming posting locations, but not a lot more.

Once upon a time, Cyber, (I think it was Cyber)in one of his many alts, continued to register his alts with these IP masking services. We banned a lot of them on sight, because they're super easy to spot, and when they're coming in every 30 min, it makes it easy. Finally, we let one of his alts slide, and he pm'd me to say he was glad we finally let him on because the (apparently shady) masking service he was using was infecting his computer with viruses. I was kind of shocked that someone would go to that length, purposely using a site that he knew would infect his computer, to get around being banned on CF.

That's when I understood. There are Cybers out there. They can't be reasoned with, they can't be bargained with. They don't feel pity or remorse or fear and they absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.

So, all you can do is toss out a few moonrock/geode jabs when you can, and just hope that's enough to get you through the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: BanjoCy

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I enjoy how Cyber or at least I think it's Cyber on Twitter constantly bashes on CF yet tries harder than anyone to be able to post here.

BanjoCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2012
IP bans have been effective in the past, but not much anymore. Most users have a laundry list of posting IPs due to multiple connection points, smart phones, etc. They're good for tracking down alts, and confirming posting locations, but not a lot more.

Once upon a time, Cyber, (I think it was Cyber)in one of his many alts, continued to register his alts with these IP masking services. We banned a lot of them on sight, because they're super easy to spot, and when they're coming in every 30 min, it makes it easy. Finally, we let one of his alts slide, and he pm'd me to say he was glad we finally let him on because the (apparently shady) masking service he was using was infecting his computer with viruses. I was kind of shocked that someone would go to that length, purposely using a site that he knew would infect his computer, to get around being banned on CF.

That's when I understood. There are Cybers out there. They can't be reasoned with, they can't be bargained with. They don't feel pity of remorse or fear and they absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.

So, all you can do is toss out a few moonrock/geode jabs when you can, and just hope that's enough to get you through the day.

Great use of terminator reference here.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

That's when I understood. There are Cybers out there. They can't be reasoned with, they can't be bargained with. They don't feel pity of remorse or fear and they absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you are dead.

IP's are prob hard with all the roommates we have as well. I know my cousin, who was my roommate at the time, got called out for posting by a mod as you guys thought it was me under an alt account. He was admittedly trolling, because that is what he does.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I enjoy how Cyber or at least I think it's Cyber on Twitter constantly bashes on CF yet tries harder than anyone to be able to post here.

Cyber is Sportstalkcrap on twitter. I dont unfollow people often, but I had to unfollow him as his butthurt was too much for me.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
So he's going to be kept active due to our basketball game on Dec 1st, right? :wink:

Exactly

I have been anticipating him showing up soon since NDSU is bleh this year in football. And now with CalamityDan being banned, well, the days seem so long. I am counting on Lakey to lift my spirits.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I got banned for closing the NDSU thread. I should have gotten a medal or something for that.

As for this banning thing, if we could only ban AIRBAG, that guy is annoying....... :jimlad:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Honestly, banning is like initiation. Those of you who haven't been banned yet (looks at CyFan13) need to step it up. A boobie pick, swerving around the censors, or going on an all out assault on the mod team is a great way to do it.

And it changes you. It only took me 6 times, but I've grown as a man since being banned. I'm a better person, women love me more than ever, and my relationship with my family has gotten much better.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Honestly, banning is like initiation. Those of you who haven't been banned yet (looks at CyFan13) need to step it up. A boobie pick, swerving around the censors, or going on an all out assault on the mod team is a great way to do it.

And it changes you. It only took me 6 times, but I've grown as a man since being banned. I'm a better person, women love me more than ever, and my relationship with my family has gotten much better.

Does posting drunk and naked count?

Help Support Us

Become a patron