DeMarcus Phillips is going to be special

LilNasty55

Sep 21, 2009
Des Moines
Check link.... enough said....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Hp9ffvL3FY]YouTube - Brookfield central gets owned[/ame]

it's so hard and fast but the dunk goes through clean

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
You can't really tell how good someone is going to be by one play, although that was a pretty sweet dunk. You hardly every see anyone go with the windmill.

That being said, from what I've heard, he's supposed to be a good player.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
I don't know anything about the kid one way or the other, but that wasn't that spectacular.

Let's see your youtube video of your attempt at this stud...:skeptical:

First of all, there really is no need to knock a future Clone. Secondly, you guys don't realize how athletic this kid really is. Like the original poster stated, he will be special here, I do believe that. Some people compare him to Mike Taylor, and I have to disagree, the comparison that I've heard and liked is Sharron Collins.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Wonderful.

The build-up of unrealistic expectations begins again! Dykstra was going to be the next Larry Bird, Eikmeier was a better version of Steve Kerr, Lucca was a better long range shooter than Peja Stojakovic, and on and on and on...

Thank you for your attention. You can now go back to building this kid up to epic proportions that will likely never be attainable.

Reactions: xboxfever

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
I don't know anything about the kid one way or the other, but that wasn't that spectacular.

Can we setup a vote for 'top contributor of the month' for cf? If we could, that'd be great; I'd like to vote for this guy... I don't know where this board would be without these insightful posts over the past few weeks

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Yes, it's comical that you're going beyond defending HB and are a fan of ISU. But now you find the need to rip a guy that signed with the good guys as him being 'not that spectacular'. Guess what your buddy was option #1, and he went with the snake. Don't bemoan the guy that stuck with us and is now a Cyclone.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
He looks like he has some athleticism and long arms. As we have already seen this season that is not a bad thing.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Nattering nay-bobs of negativism strike again

I said nothing negative about this kid whatsoever. I have no problem at all with this kid or with him signing with ISU...all that is great.

However, I do have a problem with posters on this site that build these kids up to unattainable epic proportions based upon either word of mouth or seeing a few highlight clips on YouTube against weak competition.

Let these kids come to ISU without having the tag of "the next [insert name of fantastic player here]" hung around their necks.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I said nothing negative about this kid whatsoever. I have no problem at all with this kid or with him signing with ISU...all that is great.

However, I do have a problem with posters on this site that build these kids up to unattainable epic proportions based upon either word of mouth or seeing a few highlight clips on YouTube against weak competition.

Let these kids come to ISU without having the tag of "the next [insert name of fantastic player here]" hung around their necks.

I agree with this. He had a dunk and he's proclaimed as special? He may turn out to be a great player but one dunk doesn't really show us much other than he's a great athlete.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Yes, it's comical that you're going beyond defending HB and are a fan of ISU. But now you find the need to rip a guy that signed with the good guys as him being 'not that spectacular'. Guess what your buddy was option #1, and he went with the snake. Don't bemoan the guy that stuck with us and is now a Cyclone.
I said the dunk wasn't spectacular, not the player, I don't know anything about him other than this one dunk, how is that ripping on him? I agree with cyclonenum1, talking these kids up so much before they step a foot on the court is just asking to be disappointed.