DeMarcus Phillips is going to be special

C

Cyclone42

How many good dunkers have we seen over the years at ISU who are a bust on defense, can't rebound, can't make free-throws to save their lives, and so on? Just saying I'm withholding judgment until he plays a game for ISU.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Hes Juco....

LOL, whoops...still. It's not very often you see even in D1 guys in game break away dunks who'll do a windmill and be confident they won't **** it up.

IMO a windmill dunk in game at any level = impressive.

DrewCo

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2008
Quad Cities
LOL, whoops...still. It's not very often you see even in D1 guys in game break away dunks who'll do a windmill and be confident they won't **** it up.

IMO a windmill dunk in game at any level = impressive.
Oh for sure. I think DP will be one we talk about for a while..

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
How many good dunkers have we seen over the years at ISU who are a bust on defense, can't rebound, can't make free-throws to save their lives, and so on? Just saying I'm withholding judgment until he plays a game for ISU.

Are you ripping on Dendy?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Just saying I'm withholding judgment until he plays a game for ISU.

I absolutely refuse to buy into the hype on anybody anymore. On the field, in a Cyclone uniform, is all that matters.

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
Give me a Nerfoop and a few chances, and I can emulate whatever dunk I want to. As long as the hoop isn't too high, and I don't have to get too dizzy.

No hanging on the rim allowed though.

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
I don't need to. My moves are way too electric to be contained in a stationary manner like that.

My problem is hitting my head on the ceiling. Those six foot ceilings are murder along with pulling the doorframe off on my nerf power dunks.:jimlad:

I think the main thing on this whole thread is that it is a comparison to how someone plays and their style versus the fact that they are the next coming of that player. Many people take it the second way versus the first way on the message board which leads to many arguments and makes the owners of the site more money. I guess they should encourage more of that to make money.