Designated Survivor

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Started off a little cheesy for me.
"What can I say, I'm not the president"
Wife telling him: "Don't make promises you cant keep"
Alright we get it, hes gonna be the president soon, Jesus.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
There are similarities. A policy wonk suddenly forced with making military decisions chief among them. And certain people wanting to force a coup...

Said the Iran ship movement happened in the book too. Dh was a big Clancy fan

I think we'll watch next week

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Watched. Unsure about it though. Seems pretty formulistic but then again it is network prime time TV. The bad but good at heart son. The power hungry general. The feuding assistants. The minor FBI gal soon to be hero.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Skidoosh

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Watched. Unsure about it though. Seems pretty formulistic but then again it is network prime time TV. The bad but good at heart son. The power hungry general. The feuding assistants. The minor FBI gal soon to be hero.

One of my kids said "hey, that's the lady John McClane called a dead Asian hooker *****" in Live Free or Die Hard. Husband thought Kiefer Sutherland role similar to Tom Mason in Falling Skies, academic type thrown into political leadership, hopefully he doesn't become that annoying. First Lady is a bad lawyer, sure the President can fire Cabinet members. And I think the first son will be playing the role of Kim Bauer, hopefully a little smarter.

Network prime time TV is fine with me. Not like I'm letting my kids watch naked people and all that violence on Game of Thrones, except the adult ones of course.

I liked it. Interested to see where they go with it. Scene with Kal Penn in bathroom was funny.

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
One of my kids said "hey, that's the lady John McClane called a dead Asian hooker *****" in Live Free or Die Hard. Husband thought Kiefer Sutherland role similar to Tom Mason in Falling Skies, academic type thrown into political leadership, hopefully he doesn't become that annoying. First Lady is a bad lawyer, sure the President can fire Cabinet members. And I think the first son will be playing the role of Kim Bauer, hopefully a little smarter.

Hopefully First Son won't get caught in too many bear traps, unlike Kim. Where's/who's Chloe?...

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I'm in.

Call me old or soft, but I really hope they keep the intended path. It has potential. A nobody gets thrust into Presidency and his family has no choice to go along. Generals and Upper Ups dont want him there and conspire to get him out. President starts proving everyone wrong and that he is a great leader all while being a great husband and father. Play around with the oldest son getting shady or develop a plot with the daughter capturing the likes of Americans.

The minute they make him crooked or someone has an affair, I'll turn the channel and never come back. Too much of that crap on TV already.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Hopefully First Son won't get caught in too many bear traps, unlike Kim. Where's/who's Chloe?...

Maybe the woman from HUD, was her name Emily? Not as quirky as Chloe, but seemed equally devoted to her boss.

We'll know First Son = Kim Bauer if he gets kidnapped multiple times, especially by someone he's sleeping with.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'll give it a try buy I hate/dislike every network TV show that I can think of.