Designated Survivor

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I don't see how this show is predictable. I was surprised at the MI plot happening, who can say that was predictable. Also the stern and focus of the military.... this show comes off scary in the politics it is showing.... to the point of making it uncomfortable to watch, but can't turn away.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I don't see how this show is predictable. I was surprised at the MI plot happening, who can say that was predictable.

I thought that was the most predictable part of the series so far. The Capitol has been destroyed... the next storyline will be persecution of American Muslims.

If you enjoy the show I am glad, clearly it is an agree to disagree moment.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I thought that was the most predictable part of the series so far. The Capitol has been destroyed... the next storyline will be persecution of American Muslims.

If you enjoy the show I am glad, clearly it is an agree to disagree moment.

That will be part of the overall theme of the series, but I think next will be someone who will call the presidents bluff, which he has done twice now. One on Iran, the second was on Michigan. Will a bluff work on the next one?

This show so far has definitely taken things in today's society such as prejudice of Muslims and police shootings (not sure if anyone caught it, but when the president was addressing the crowed at the capital building. The guy who looked like he had a gun and was shot actually had a cell phone as was shouted out by a spectator) and the show will probably continue to point out today's issues.

Additionally, we don't know what the general's motive is. In the first episode, he was talking about starting a coup. For all we know, he could be behind the attack in some way because he is not happy about past policy decisions made by the previous administration. The general may know who was the designated survivor and thought he could manipulate the president, which has not happened yet. Maybe the general is just a stereotypical gun-ho military man.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The attack on American Muslims was predictable. The chutzpah of the Governor was not. The suspicion of Kal Penn's character was a strange development.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The plane wiped out the Capital and the government at the end of Debt of Honor. Executive Orders was all about Ryan trying to figure out how to get the government running again while simultaneously figuring out how to be POTUS.

I know this. I read the books. I just wanted to get Debt in their for the full story.

That kamikaze attack at the end of Debt is still one of the most stunning things I've read, even though Clancy was making sure to telegraph it very clearly.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I know this. I read the books. I just wanted to get Debt in their for the full story.

That kamikaze attack at the end of Debt is still one of the most stunning things I've read, even though Clancy was making sure to telegraph it very clearly.
Got it! :)
I loved that entire series. There was one other one, unrelated to the series, called Red Storm Rising. Did you ever read that one?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Got it! :)
I loved that entire series. There was one other one, unrelated to the series, called Red Storm Rising. Did you ever read that one?

Loved that book, and also "The Third World War" (2 editions) by Sir John Hackett.
Pretty vivid stuff showing how it could go down.

Every once in a while, I want to read the Clancy books again. Then I see my schedule and know that I have to stop thinking about it.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
So.....what is the Congresswoman up to? Does she have anything to do with all this?

Probably an ally now, political enemy later. She's a politician and will probably be making a power play soon.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron