Designated Survivor

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
First episode was good but I feel like that was the easy part. One thing that bugged me was the commercial break then maybe two minutes of the show and then more commercials later in the episode.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I'll give it a try buy I hate/dislike every network TV show that I can think of.

I've found recently that it's nice to turn my head off at night so some of them aren't so bad. I haven't watched a sitcom in years though.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
My wife an I were huge 24 watchers so we feel obligated to watch every Kiefer Sutherland series. Other than the obvious "what good is it to have your designated survivor within eyesight of the rest of the group" problem, it seems interesting and we'll keep watching. We are always on the hunt for a series that we can be into together.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
My wife an I were huge 24 watchers so we feel obligated to watch every Kiefer Sutherland series. Other than the obvious "what good is it to have your designated survivor within eyesight of the rest of the group" problem, it seems interesting and we'll keep watching. We are always on the hunt for a series that we can be into together.

I thought that was corny too. Even so, if there was an attack, I am pretty sure they take the president to Air Force one and have him fly around until it is safe for him to be back on the ground. I think this is what happened to Bush during 9/11. You don't take the president to the White House.

• Agree
Reactions: Bryce7

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Am I the only one thinking missing boyfriend of FBI lady may have been a bomber?

You sound like my wife. Can't just let me watch something and let it be revealed on the show. Have to actually think and blurt it out two minutes ahead of the reveal. ;) in case you wanted to know how This Is Us went in our house.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
You sound like my wife. Can't just let me watch something and let it be revealed on the show. Have to actually think and blurt it out two minutes ahead of the reveal. ;) in case you wanted to know how This Is Us went in our house.
No spoilers - I recorded that but haven't watched it yet!

Reactions: wxman1

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

Sorry. I figured there was really nothing to support my theory other than not trusting men lol.

Reactions: wxman1

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I watched the first episode and will probably watch future episodes . Having said that, it seems like these network channels always find a way to make it cheezy and predictable.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I watched the first episode and will probably watch future episodes . Having said that, it seems like these network channels always find a way to make it cheezy and predictable.

Same here. One in, but still on board.

Let me guess, you are surprised at the grouch, old, white general being a war-monger?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Same here. One in, but still on board.

Let me guess, you are surprised at the grouch, old, white general being a war-monger?

That's the first thing I said to my wife when I saw him on the phone. I knew those two were not going to get along.

Then an hour or two after losing the complete leadership of the U.S. government he somehow finds time to eavesdrop outside his kids room (in the white house).

I think they could actually do some interesting things with this story. Everyone is only thinking about the president being dead but you're also going to have to replace everyone else. Supreme Court justices, House, Senate, etc. What a perfect time to get rid of the 2 party system.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Everyone is only thinking about the president being dead but you're also going to have to replace everyone else. Supreme Court justices, House, Senate, etc. What a perfect time to get rid of the 2 party system.

The house and senate would happen on the local level. The house has to be replaced by elections, per the constitution, but the senate could be reconvened sooner, as governors can appoint senators in most states.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
I wanted to like this show but I have found it predictable, cheesy, and full of manufactured drama through two episodes. Pretty much what I should have expected from a network show.