Dual this week (WVU Friday 2/2)

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Painful to watch.
I wonder how much his lack of progression, and arguably regression, has to do with the change of his priorities. I understand priorities change as your responsibilities evolve, but it doesn’t feel like wrestling is his priority. Sort of a let down to the Team, and selfishly to the fans.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I wonder how much his lack of progression, and arguably regression, has to do with the change of his priorities. I understand priorities change as your responsibilities evolve, but it doesn’t feel like wrestling is his priority. Sort of a let down to the Team, and selfishly to the fans.
Some things are more important than wrestling. I don’t enjoy watching him get beat repeatedly either but he’s gotta put those that truly rely on him first and I suspect that’s what’s happening. If it is, I wish him well.

PantherCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2017
Some things are more important than wrestling. I don’t enjoy watching him get beat repeatedly either but he’s gotta put those that truly rely on him first and I suspect that’s what’s happening. If it is, I wish him well.

I agree whole heartedly. I agree with his decision to put his family first. I just feel like this is a sport where you need to give it everything you’ve got to be successful. More than any other sport, individual success IS team success. Maybe this version of JB is the best we’ve got, but that is worrisome in its own right. I suppose I should pull out my wallet and send some money to C&G.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Just got home from Hilton.

125: good for Kysen to get a W. That WVU kid is lanky and will be trouble when his tank gets back.

133: Frost is tough as nails. Good shot to AA.

141: I was impressed with Hrabovsky despite the major. Somebody forgot to tell him he was a big underdog, he was on Titus legs a bunch.

149: Gutsy win for Casey. Watters presents obvious challenges and he got it done. Was getting to his ankles at will.

157: Better win than it looks like. That’s WVU’s original starter and he’s tough.

165: I’m sure David won’t be happy with that score but a dominant win over an all American.

174: huge win for MJ. Seems to be getting better and better.

184: Thought Naak wrestled tougher than the score indicated but made freshman mistakes.

197: Just tough. Want JB to do well but he’s in a bad spot right now.

285: gave up a TD but dominated after that.

Proton

SuperFanatic
Aug 19, 2019
Son and I enjoyed this one a lot. Does anyone know if Pollard is always in that line of chairs matside? He seemed engaged which was good. Any of you superfans sit in that row too?

Reactions: stuclone

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I admire the WV heavyweight finished to match. I think the coaches wanted him to injury default

The WV heavyweight got a takedown on Yonger . . . and then Yonger almost broke his ankle!

By the end of the match, Yonger was just having his way with him.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Also, nobody has talked about Chittum making a move that resulted in his opponent sinking his front teeth into the top of his skull. Seriously. o_O

Reactions: NEIACyclone