Schlafly Pumpkin Ale
Elysian Pumpkin Sampler - 12pk 4 different all good

galactawitz

Nov 27, 2007
Ames
Shipyard Pumpkinhead
Schlafly Pumpkin Ale
Elysian Pumpkin Sampler - 12pk 4 different all good
Where did you find the Elysian Pumpkin Sampler. I found it at the Ames Walmart of all places last year but this year no dice. Like you said they are all good.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Where did you find the Elysian Pumpkin Sampler. I found it at the Ames Walmart of all places last year but this year no dice. Like you said they are all good.
HyVee in Mtown, saw it there a couple weeks ago. They only get 2-3 in at a time but luckily not huge demand here.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Related to Fall Beers people don’t usually think IPAs but don’t forget fresh hop IPAs
NEIPA's have just killed so many of these types of beers for me. I had a fresh hop from Alma Mader on Saturday that I know I would have loved a few years ago but they just no longer do it for me.

Reactions: BACyclone

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
NEIPA's have just killed so many of these types of beers for me. I had a fresh hop from Alma Mader on Saturday that I know I would have loved a few years ago but they just no longer do it for me.

This isn't the first time I've heard comments like this about NEIPAs and I always think just get West Coast IPAs then (actually most fresh hop IPAs I have had are in that category anyway)

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
This isn't the first time I've heard comments like this about NEIPAs and I always think just get West Coast IPAs then (actually most fresh hop IPAs I have had are in that category anyway)
I think I said that wrong. I love NEIPA's so much that drinking West Coast and fresh Hop IPA's is just not enjoyable any longer for me.

• Agree

baller21

Mar 15, 2009

I’m definitely burnt out on neipa’s too but still love a good west coast or wet hopped beer. I’ll still have a neipa now and than but it has to rate a 4+ on Untappd for me to even consider it. Having said that TG’s new collab with Vitamin Sea -Flying Seahorses is pretty damn good. It’s an imperial double neipa.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Founders Mosaic Promise should have been on shelves this year...but for whatever reason, Founders decided it would be a taproom exclusive. Horse ****. Mosaic Promise is THE BEST shelf ipa available imo. Real pissed about this situation.

Also, I'm participating in Sober October, so I'm extra on edge right now.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
I think I said that wrong. I love NEIPA's so much that drinking West Coast and fresh Hop IPA's is just not enjoyable any longer for me.

Ok I follow you now. I was with a guy in Vegas that said NEIPA ruined IPAs in general for him so I though it was possible you were the same.

For me they all have a place. I'm still probably in the camp of NEIPAs are better, but prefer the ones that have a bit of a bite to them. Although on a hot day a good joice bomb is hard to beat.

That said I also like a good old school IPA that smacks you in the face with hops on a regular basis.

Summary - I like beer

Reactions: Entropy and dmclone

Frog

May 6, 2021
I always order whatever Oktoberfest beer is on tap to try many types as love it. At home along with the usual fridge suspects I keep Leinie's Octoberfest on hand. I like their summer shandy and Octoberfest. I love Millstream too.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I sampled the Clone Fest at the Ankeny HyVee a few weeks ago and ended up buying it. The rep said it is a different beer than the Hawktoberfest. Which is a solid beer.

But so is the Clonefest. :cool:

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Founders Mosaic Promise should have been on shelves this year...but for whatever reason, Founders decided it would be a taproom exclusive. Horse ****. Mosaic Promise is THE BEST shelf ipa available imo. Real pissed about this situation.

Also, I'm participating in Sober October, so I'm extra on edge right now.

Yeah it sucks it’s only available in 6 packs exclusively in Michigan this year but I’m hoping they announce that it’s being added to the year round lineup going forward.

Founders Brewing Co.
08/26/21 at 5:29 pm

“This is by no means a permanent move and just a decision for Mosaic Promise for this year. You might want to stick around for some announcements later on this year!”

Reactions: Saul_T

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Tried the Pumkin Imperial Stout from Millstream and didn’t care for it.

If you’re in the Ames area I highly recommend the food at Cornbread and the exclusive Infusion #3 from Firetrucker. It’s a tasty whiskey infused red ale.

• Informative

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
I haven't looked, figured it would hit the DM metro next week

I found an empty slot on the shelf at my favorite beer store in CF, who would have it if anybody did. That's the closest I've gotten so far, but I'd love to try Royal Eddy if I can get my hands on it locally.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Yeah it sucks it’s only available in 6 packs exclusively in Michigan this year but I’m hoping they announce that it’s being added to the year round lineup going forward.

Founders Brewing Co.
08/26/21 at 5:29 pm

“This is by no means a permanent move and just a decision for Mosaic Promise for this year. You might want to stick around for some announcements later on this year!”
Doesn't make it any less ******** this year!

• Agree
Reactions: baller21