Fall beer

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
I found an empty slot on the shelf at my favorite beer store in CF, who would have it if anybody did. That's the closest I've gotten so far, but I'd love to try Royal Eddy if I can get my hands on it locally.
I haven't seen it yet either, but my understanding is it will be a year round regular offering so I'm guessing you won't have to wait too long.

9104Griffith

Jul 31, 2010
Chicago
Big fan of Oktoberfest biers. What I've enjoyed so far this year:

Sierra Nevada
Revolution (Chicago)
Metropolitan Afterburner (Chicago)
Half Acre Lager Town (Chicago)
Sam Adams
Shiner

New Glarus Staghorn is one I've enjoyed in the past but I haven't been up to WIS yet this fall.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
God I miss New Belgium's Pumpkick. Have not brewed it for 3 or 4 years. Smooth pumpkin ale with a hint of cranberry on the finish.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
I haven't seen it yet either, but my understanding is it will be a year round regular offering so I'm guessing you won't have to wait too long.

I did see it yesterday at my local HyVee. 6-pack 12 oz cans! I couldn't buy because I don't have that much room in my fridge right now.

:mccaffery:

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Founders KBS is the best bb you can find on shelves year round in Iowa.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
West O put out a variety pack of their Coco Stout. (see below) I haven't yet found it in the metro. If anyone sees it, please let me know where. :)

Reactions: ISpyCy

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I don't think it's quite at the Urbandale or Waukee level but I'm happy to report that the new Grimes Hy-Vee has a pretty solid craft beer section. I picked up some new recipe Stone Xocoveza, which I've always loved in the past. Urbandale has a beef with Stone so they seem to carry very little.

Reactions: NickTheGreat

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
It's crazy how different selections are at Hyvee. The best ones I've came across are Edgewood Rd CR and North Liberty. North Liberty even carries crowlers and bombers of stuff you'll only find at the brewery. Mostly Marto and Thew crowlers but I haven't been there in awhile.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
It's crazy how different selections are at Hyvee. The best ones I've came across are Edgewood Rd CR and North Liberty. North Liberty even carries crowlers and bombers of stuff you'll only find at the brewery. Mostly Marto and Thew crowlers but I haven't been there in awhile.

A little off topic but I'm so shocked how fast growlers died. My wife bought me a real nice stainless steel 64oz one and I had tons of glass jars. Places like Kum and Go and nearly all Hy-Vees in the Des Moines metro had growler fills and then boom they seem to die out. I know that Covid hurt but they were really dying out before Covid hit.I know that crowlers seem to take over for tap rooms/bars.