Favorite Professor

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Overall, Anne Clem (acct 221). It's not even close.

I had a lot of favorites in the JLMC school as well. Erin Wilgenbusch, Lulu Rodriguez (the most awesome academic adviser ever), Kim Smith, and this one may surprise a lot of people, but I liked Barbara Mack a lot as well.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Brian Wilsey - such a bio geek, but you just had to love him.

bwilsey.jpg

clones11

Apr 2, 2006
Marion
Dirk Deam is my favorite professor, he's a Poli Sci professor that always makes class interesting and makes it impossible not to learn the subject matter. hes extremely respectful, funny, cool dude. I always felt like an equal in his classes even though he was way freakin smarter than I am.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Bobby Martens is pretty awesome. Choobineh was hilarious. Northway is another good one.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I have Clem for 284 right now, she's real cool.

And i've heard about the acct 285 teacher, word about her has spread through the business college quickly!

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
I refuse to let this thread go any further with no mention of Brian DeWall. English 314 was more like How To Not Look Like An Idiot In Your Adult Life 101. One of the most learned people I've ever met, while remaining one of the most approachable. The only summer class I ever enjoyed attending.

Max Gassman was another fine professor. I had him for the ME version of Hydraulics. He had seen it all and done it all and was more than happy to explain any bit of it to you at length. Another professor who was there to teach students, not conduct research.

Had a grad student my first semester named Ben Tonak his version of Comp 105(?) provided the perfect opportunity to settle back into a college mindset at 24.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I have Clem for 284 right now, she's real cool.

And i've heard about the acct 285 teacher, word about her has spread through the business college quickly!

Clem was my favorite accounting teacher, before this year (285)! Anyway, 284 was real easy, Clem class was fun, especially on Tuesday/Thursday as classes lasted maybe 40 minutes. She had a lot of easy EC Quizzes too, such as who do the Cyclones play this weekend?

4ISUnUI2

Dec 1, 2008
Jeff Iles and Gail Nonnecke in horticulture were great, and awesome leaders for study abroad trips.

Also, I never had him for class, but Lee Burras in agronomy was nice. One day my then boyfriend (now husband) missed a quiz in Burras's class because he was helping me get my car to the repair shop. We went to see him later that day, and he gave my husband an excused absence for "being a nice guy." Pretty cool.

4ISUnUI2

Dec 1, 2008
Overall, Anne Clem (acct 221). It's not even close.

I had a lot of favorites in the JLMC school as well. Erin Wilgenbusch, Lulu Rodriguez (the most awesome academic adviser ever), Kim Smith, and this one may surprise a lot of people, but I liked Barbara Mack a lot as well.

I'd nominate Barbara Mack as one of my favorite people...let alone professors.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Jeff Iles and Gail Nonnecke in horticulture were great, and awesome leaders for study abroad trips.

Also, I never had him for class, but Lee Burras in agronomy was nice. One day my then boyfriend (now husband) missed a quiz in Burras's class because he was helping me get my car to the repair shop. We went to see him later that day, and he gave my husband an excused absence for "being a nice guy." Pretty cool.

Burras is great. Very funny