Ferentz goes full arrogant

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I do understand coaches being hyper defensive as the criticism comes very fast, there is no grace period these days. Win a championship, awesome, we love you. Miss a bowl game 9 months later, you suck, change it all. I get that that is quite the yo-yo of emotions.

With that said, you have to know that yo-yo has a lot to do with 3, 6, 8 million dollar salaries. You are paid incredible amounts in comparison, so when you are not producing/meeting expectations, it immediately feels like a whole lot is being wasted. When it reality, it is probably being wasted in the first place.
Everyone, regardless of pay, should get scrutinized when they fail to meet the expectations of the job. It just seems like most of the folks at ToE (Barta, Fran, Kirk, Doyle, BF, etc.) get a pass on some really major screwups. Little to no coverage in the media is just a reflection of how the business (ToE) is being run.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
10:40 mark

Thank you! So basically took his forced apology back like a petulant child. And C-Willy still defending him on tone? Just wait KF if you ever finally show up to your depositions, you can cry about tone there.
Watch the rest of the clip. Chris isn't defending it after that video message. He seems more annoyed at the climate and just wants to talk sports. Which is the reasoning behind IE if I'm picking it up correctly.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Haven't ever seen, is Barta his boss too? Or doesn't Iowa's negotism restrictions include sons-in-law?

His recruiting of quarterbacks in particular is on par with Brian's offensive production. And seems like their recruiting is based on whomever they can get, not necessarily on what they need: heavy in certain positions, lacking in others.

Circular issue in some respects, if the offense stinks and they don't pass, who wants to be an Iowa receiver.

This has been discussed on Iowa Sports Radio. Iowa knows they can get defense and OL and RB so they take as many of them as possible. They can't compete in the QB and WR market so they focus on other things. I believe it was an Iowa beat writer that mentioned that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
KF’s apology was stupid. He’s not sorry. He thought about what he was going to say on Tuesday for several days. It’s not like he said something stupid in the heat of the moment he wished he hadn’t. He had thought about this for days.

The guy is an arrogant prick. Always has been. This is nothing new folks.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
This is wild. Chris is taking diplomatic route, imagine in part bc he's hosting uofi/isu podcasts, but his uofi counterpart isn't carrying water for the program the way he is.

Don't have to pile on, but no comment is better than applauding a pr apology, particularly when there's video evidence from same day of him justifying his frustration.

The questions were fair. Only tone was, "everybody has" which was* a response to Kirk's defensive interruption to a professional doing his job.

No need to comment on KF, but it's definitely not deserving of kudos.

--
*see also, awesome
Hassle has been VERY openly critical of both Kirk and Barta over the years.

Donqluione

Feb 5, 2017
This has been discussed on Iowa Sports Radio. Iowa knows they can get defense and OL and RB so they take as many of them as possible. They can't compete in the QB and WR market so they focus on other things. I believe it was an Iowa beat writer that mentioned that.
Interesting, I don't do sports or any other talk radio, nor know Hawk well at all. Just a casual observation of what they've seemed to lack on game days, and followed up with subsequent recruiting. The "whatever recruits we can get instead of what's needed" has seemed more pronounced in recent years, possibly another victim of nepotism over ability.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
  • Wow
Reactions: CyBobby and Acylum

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Destroyed in Ohio for the arrogance/pompous attitude on Sunday.

On Tuesday said he was glad he wasn't such a low-life like a writer.

FAKE APOLOGY on Wednesday.

Omaha W-H today.

Can it get worse at eiu? Maybe.

Kirk really looks old and tired in his interrogations. Think he hangs on to try and right the ship with Brian at his side...I hope.

Reactions: carvers4math

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Destroyed in Ohio for the arrogance/pompous attitude on Sunday.

On Tuesday said he was glad he wasn't such a low-life like a writer.

FAKE APOLOGY on Wednesday.

Omaha W-H today.

Can it get worse at eiu? Maybe.

That is a great article by Tom Shatel and it really peels back the veneer of these coaches including of course Kirk Ferentz...After reading the article I came to the conclusion that Gary Barta wants NO PART IN SELECTING THE NEXT FOOTBALL COACH AT IOWA!!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Kirk really looks old and tired in his interrogations. Think he hangs on to try and right the ship with Brian at his side...I hope.
My neighbor who played football at Iowa sez that the next head coach will be Brian Ferentz.
My Response...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BECAUSE THATS NOT GONNA WORK!!