Future Big 12 FB Opponents/Schedule Announced

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I think that's the case for the entire conference. Every team will feel on the right year they'll have a shot at winning this conference but none will have a shot at a NC. After UT/OU left there isn't a team capable of bringing in the type of recruiting classes you need to annually. The Big 12 will have to get the NC's in basketball. Actually it has been quite a while since the Big 12 has won a football NC anyway even with OU and UT but when we did it was one of those teams.
How many teams really do have chance to win a national title? 15? 20?

In the last 25 years, 13 schools - Bama 6, LSU 3, Clemson, Georgia, Florida, FSU, OSU 2 each, and Auburn, Miami, OU, Tenn, Texas, USC 1 each. Note no Nubs in there lol.

Who else can you add to that list? Probably Oregon, Washington, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn St.

In the last 50 years, the only other schools not mentioned above that have won it are - BYU & Pittsburgh. You can also add Colorado, SMU, UCF and Georgia Tech having "shared" titles based on conflicted AP/Coaches poll results. And Colorado and GT shared with each other!

There have been others that have won it all, but not many in the last 50 years. I could see a team outside the blue bloods - i.e. "the field" winning it maybe once every 2 decades. You would need a generational coach and a generational QB at the same time, and then some luck on top of that. Think Snyder & Bishop at KSU, something like that.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Saw a tweet after the Texas loss the other night that in the 10-year history of the playoff, TCU is still the only BXII team to win a single playoff game
Then TCU goes and gets historically crushed and turns around the next year with one of the worst teams in the conference. Not a good look for the conference. As a KU fan I'm good with the conference being a better than average, competitive conference but not capable of producing a NC because even with KU having a good budget they will never have the money it will take to compete with the elite. I think this could be a good conference for everyone as long as we don't fall to far behind financially because the big 2 are automatically getting 25 million more a year just from the media.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
How many teams really do have chance to win a national title? 15? 20?

In the last 25 years, 13 schools - Bama 6, LSU 3, Clemson, Georgia, Florida, FSU, OSU 2 each, and Auburn, Miami, OU, Tenn, Texas, USC 1 each. Note no Nubs in there lol.

Who else can you add to that list? Probably Oregon, Washington, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn St.

In the last 50 years, the only other schools not mentioned above that have won it are - BYU & Pittsburgh. You can also add Colorado, SMU, UCF and Georgia Tech having "shared" titles based on conflicted AP/Coaches poll results. And Colorado and GT shared with each other!

There have been others that have won it all, but not many in the last 50 years. I could see a team outside the blue bloods - i.e. "the field" winning it maybe once every 2 decades. You would need a generational coach and a generational QB at the same time, and then some luck on top of that. Think Snyder & Bishop at KSU, something like that.
Yes the list will be very small. With the expanded playoffs it will even get smaller. KSU/Bishop couldn't do it when all they needed to do was win the Big 12 Championship game to play in it. There's no way a team like that survives a playoff system. Especially since the SEC has beefed up a lot since those days. I think you have the top of the SEC every year which right now is Georgia and Bama and a couple of others possibly. Ole Miss could be very good next year. Then you have some possible teams out of the Big Ten especially now that they added the best of the west. That will be it, the other conferences will be there just to hopefully pull off an upset but there's no way they'll have the firepower to run the table. I still think the Big 12 is a good conference to be in. I would rather have a shot at going to the playoffs once in a while then just being automatic wins for the top of the conference like 2/3 of the teams in the SEC and Big 10 will be.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
i had an inside look to the schedule

Aug 31- North Dakota
Sept 7 - @ Iowa
Sept 14 - BYE
Sept 21 - Arkansas State
Sept 28- @ West Virginia
Oct 5- Texas Tech
Oct 12- @Kansas
Oct 19- Baylor
Oct 26- @ Utah
Nov 2- BYE
Nov 9- UCF
Nov 16- @ Houston
Nov 23- Cinncinnati
Nov 30- Kansas State

*this is 100% not true
This is the first I've seen ISU's '24 schedule.
Who said it was coming out today?

Still nothing has come out officially on the Big 12 teams actual schedules, from what I can tell. I wonder what is taking so long? They must still be tweaking it some?

Stuff like this is all I have:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Can't wait to see Cal and Stanford's new ACC football schedule! Hard to believe.

Honestly, if I was a FB player, I would think twice about playing for Cal or Stanford, if I had an equivalent offer elsewhere. The travel would be a real killer in the ACC. I guess those two schools didn't have much of a choice.

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
Calling BS, especially on Houston and Baylor, many of those games looked 25% full. I know its tickets sold but that makes it almost worse. That many people paid and didn't go?
every school does this, even ISU. Theres been a lot of games that I've been to that look way less than the reported number. i wish they'd all report tickets scanned, but they wont for obvious reasons.

danwbarrett

Mar 29, 2006
University City, MO
i had an inside look to the schedule

Aug 31- North Dakota
Sept 7 - @ Iowa
Sept 14 - BYE
Sept 21 - Arkansas State
Sept 28- @ West Virginia
Oct 5- Texas Tech
Oct 12- @Kansas
Oct 19- Baylor
Oct 26- @ Utah
Nov 2- BYE
Nov 9- UCF
Nov 16- @ Houston
Nov 23- Cinncinnati
Nov 30- Kansas State

*this is 100% not true
If that is the schedule, the two consecutive home games to end the season, work well for anyone flying to the Maui MBB Invitational (Nov 25-27) where ever it is played.

Reactions: Erik4Cy

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
This is the first I've seen ISU's '24 schedule.

Still nothing has come out officially on the Big 12 teams actual schedules, from what I can tell. I wonder what is taking so long? They must still be tweaking it some?

Stuff like this is all I have:

If that is the schedule, the two consecutive home games to end the season, work well for anyone flying to the Maui MBB Invitational (Nov 25-27) where ever it is played.

Make sure you look at the asterix fine print at the bottom of that so called schedule.

• Haha
Reactions: CoachHines3

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Can't wait to see Cal and Stanford's new ACC football schedule! Hard to believe.

Honestly, if I was a FB player, I would think twice about playing for Cal or Stanford, if I had an equivalent offer elsewhere. The travel would be a real killer in the ACC. I guess those two schools didn't have much of a choice.
You go to Cal and Stanford for the education, FB just allows you to go there for free. IMO

Reactions: t-noah

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Gotta be in the next 12 days. Contract states its gotta be done before 2/1

https://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/2...ery-possible-jayhawks-will-play-at-arrowhead/

Girod said a decision on where games will be played next season will be made soon. He said the Big 12 schedule should be released this week. Once that decision is made, KU will finalize plans quickly. He said KU needs to have season ticket packages sent out to fans by the end of this month. Normally, they already would be sent out, but KU has opted to wait until the location issue is decided.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
When are the big 12 FB schedules supposed to be out again?
View attachment 122429
Amen

giphy.gif

0dbd5d946ded687fdb2abdfe94682412.jpg

• Funny

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
You go to Cal and Stanford for the education, FB just allows you to go there for free. IMO
I did think of this right after I posted. It's a pretty good deal. A degree from there will get you off to a great start in life.

Still, the travel time is gonna be a killer.