FYI - Screen shots will no longer work for ticket entry at games

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
How though? No direct route.
Out of the box, but maybe do what they do to transport people at the fairgrounds. We are an ag school so nothing wrong with tractors pulling them around to the South side of the stadium and unloading them there. Just need a few pickup points on the North side lots. Load them up, and shoot them around to the south side and unload them.

Reactions: LFTPossum

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
When I finally got into the stadium and headed for my seats, I head the kickoff cannon go off and was relieved thinking that I only just missed the opening kickoff. It turns out it was the kickoff after the pick-six.

• Friendly
Reactions: t-noah

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
It just really feels like ISU is pushing fans away. Which probably isn’t bad cuz those fans are cheapskates anyway.
Jamie said on the coaches show on KXNO on Tuesday that he would ideally like to do physical tickets with individual ticket takers at every gate, but problem is that it’s hard now days to find people to work on weekends. It’s not something he likes, but it’s something that we need to do in order to adapt.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
shame on me for not arriving 45-60 minutes before kickoff. I figured there would be delays but only planned on an extra 5 minutes.

At least Pollards message hinted that these delays should be the expectation going forward.
Games already take forever, and the rules that were supposedly supposed to shorten game times haven't shortened anything, they've just lead to more commercials and more time staring at a clock on a field for fans in the stands. Now we are faced with either sitting in the stands and twittling our thumbs an hour in advance or spend 40 minutes in line. This is exactly the kind of **** that is causing people to say fuk it and stay home to watch the game. ISU has been largely immune to it, but if crap like yesterday keeps happening our fans will stop showing up as well.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
The whole complaining is really overblown. It was not a smooth process and took way longer than it should have.

That said if stuff goes smoothly this is an improvement. I’d imagine in future years we will not have a person at each turnstile but they will for now to help people. It’s strange so many people have had issues. As others have said lots of places have gone to the Tap tickets. We went to a cardinals game in early August and it was easy.

If I had to guess I’d say that the majority of the issues are with Ticketmaster. Those combined with the expected technology challenged people issues snowballed.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If we all get in early, I hope they promise to have a ref hold a countdown clock on the field to watch. The game day experience hasn't improved in 20 years. In fact it’s regressed.

I always laugh at people who complain about "the gameday experience". You are there to watch a football game, what the **** more do you need for "the gameday experience".

The experience is cheer and watch your Cyclones.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This isn't the only thing that is messed up. My scan worked fine at the gate after waiting 30 minutes, but failed entering the end zone club. The lady eventually just let me in.

The other thing is they changed the concessions setup in the SEZ. No more cans of beer at side stands that led to longer lines at the bars and other carts. Pollard is hell bent on not letting people drink in the stadium.

The one good thing was the water stations on the concourse.

The weather and the alcohol are why people pay for the SEZ along with the cache of it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Things they might be able to do for next extremely hot game day: 1) Get the stadium ready now and plumb more water lines. Purchase more "misters" (were they even using these on the ISU sideline? I saw fans only?) and position them along the concourse and wait lines, for the fans. 2. No reason not to purchase long mesh tarps and use these at 'choke points' where the crowd might have to be, or wait in the sun. 3. Encourage fans to bring umbrellas, ponchos, etc, to shield the sun. 4. If legal, use mesh tarps to also shield the players on the sidelines, from the sun? {I'm not sure this is legal; I doubt it.] But if so, do it for the players (home team only, of course). 5. Yes, ease up on the container restrictions so that fans can bring as many water bottles as they please, and encourage spray bottles. This would be a no brainer to me.
#1 just write the check and I'm sure JP will be all over it.
#2 Accurate
#3 is a terrible idea and just makes it so no one behind you can see.
#4 you need permission from the conference I believe.
#5 I would bet Levy has a clause that makes it not a no brainer. ISU has rules to play by with their official concession provider.
1. You have a point there, for sure. 2. Get 'er done! 3. Of course I thought of that. It wouldn't be perfect, but those that 'really' needed it could be allowed. Fans would have to keep their umbrellas very low and maybe only use them during time outs, or slow play. Be considerate . On the other hand, umbrellas come out during heavy rain, yes? Ponchos, or reflective plastic tarp sun shields could work and be better than umbrellas. Either this, or bake!! 4. It was just a thought. I have never seen it, tarps to shield the players. Have you? The players are well conditioned but it must be baking down there on the sideline. 5. I knew there was a reason for the restrictions on bottles, concessions being one of them. They need to make an exception clause for extreme heat days. IMO.

Thanks for your post!

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Jamie said on the coaches show on KXNO on Tuesday that he would ideally like to do physical tickets with individual ticket takers at every gate, but problem is that it’s hard now days to find people to work on weekends. It’s not something he likes, but it’s something that we need to do in order to adapt.
So it’s not about saving money, Jamie? Man, was that a bad assumption on my part.

Reactions: LFTPossum

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Sounds like a perfect reason to build another BRIDGE!!
In my county/city, they often build a new road that is maybe only 2 lanes, knowing full well that in 4-5 years they will need a wider road.

In 4-5 years, they tear the road up and add 2 more lanes, knowing they will need a center turn lane, and additional off ramp lanes in 2-3 years.

2-3 years later, they tear the road up again and do the needed expansion.

You know the moral to this story...wait for it...

Build a Bigger Bridge the first time!!! :D

CyAg

May 22, 2006
It isn't out of line to temporarily be out of water. I'm sure there were a TON of waters sold and they probably were constantly moving pallets of them throughout the stadium but that isn't easy to do with full concourses. I doubt they have a ton of extra space for holding that type of inventory and especially keeping it cold.

Did the lower level not have the beer stands on each side of the steps? The upper level had beer stands between the bars.

The "bartenders" in the EZC....woof.
Are you an AD employee good sir?

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

I like JP but he is full of s*** on this issue. That is a first rate cop out if I ever heard one. There are plenty of college kids who don't go to games who would work the tickets if they paid enough. I don't know what they pay.......but they could pay more if they need to. I'm not just saying this to say it. I have 3 kids in Ames as we speak. One will be done in December, one in the spring and one just started. Hard to find people to work on weekends? BS? Go down Duff to every restaurant and tell me are they struggling because no one wants to work on weekends? Hardly. And most are what.............college students.

It was the fans fault because we didn't get their early enough...........and we don't understand tech. Well geeze JP I guess we should treat every home game in Ames like going to the airport, right. Will that be enough "adapting" to this boneheaded policy? I hope he didn't think about what he was going to say very long and that it was something off the cuff. Because I always thought of him a little better than that. I guess the next move will be to put the students in the top 5 rows of section A so we can get more money for their seats from donors so we can pay the help, right? Unbelievable!

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Out of the box, but maybe do what they do to transport people at the fairgrounds. We are an ag school so nothing wrong with tractors pulling them around to the South side of the stadium and unloading them there. Just need a few pickup points on the North side lots. Load them up, and shoot them around to the south side and unload them.

A few yrs ago they had the trolleys to move people from Vet Med to the stadium did they discontinue them?

• Informative
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Allikat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2018
If I remember right that was also the reason tailgating hours were reduced.

We need to be more creative.

We cannot take the customer for granted.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I like JP but he is full of s*** on this issue. That is a first rate cop out if I ever heard one. There are plenty of college kids who don't go to games who would work the tickets if they paid enough. I don't know what they pay.......but they could pay more if they need to. I'm not just saying this to say it. I have 3 kids in Ames as we speak. One will be done in December, one in the spring and one just started. Hard to find people to work on weekends? BS? Go down Duff to every restaurant and tell me are they struggling because no one wants to work on weekends? Hardly. And most are what.............college students.

It was the fans fault because we didn't get their early enough...........and we don't understand tech. Well geeze JP I guess we should treat every home game in Ames like going to the airport, right. Will that be enough "adapting" to this boneheaded policy? I hope he didn't think about what he was going to say very long and that it was something off the cuff. Because I always thought of him a little better than that. I guess the next move will be to put the students in the top 5 rows of section A so we can get more money for their seats from donors so we can pay the help, right? Unbelievable!

Really great to tell fans "we're cheap and dont want to pay security to be there as long, so tailgating is shortened for many games, also be sure to end your tailgate early so you can be in line an hour ahead of the game". Not great to be chipping away at the main reason our attendance outperforms our on-field results.

Seems like in a number of ways the department has come off as simply cheap nowadays, even when it may be a poor decision in the big picture. Reminds me how they switched the soda cups in johnnys last year to the smallest cups they could find, and then started policing what cups people could use where (they were literally paying people to do nothing but guard the larger cups that were only to be used for coffee)

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If I remember right that was also the reason tailgating hours were reduced.

We need to be more creative.

We cannot take the customer for granted.

Yeah, and that was a pretty poor reason then too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron