Gabby Petito found dead in Wyoming

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
I have a feeling he decided to try and wade through some water which he normally wouldn't have (due to police searching the area) - accidentally 'found' a soft spot and the ground 'swallowed' him up. My reasoning is the statement about this area previously being 'underwater'.

In my mind it's a bit of 'poetic justice' - he thought he could get away with choking the life from Gabby and instead mother nature choked the life out of him.

Feel absolutely gutted for Gabby's family - husbands' who've lost their wife are widowers, wives' who've lost their husband are widows, children who've lost their parents are orphans... there are no words to describe a parent who has lost a child.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
I have a feeling he decided to try and wade through some water which he normally wouldn't have (due to police searching the area) - accidentally 'found' a soft spot and the ground 'swallowed' him up. My reasoning is the statement about this area previously being 'underwater'.

In my mind it's a bit of 'poetic justice' - he thought he could get away with choking the life from Gabby and instead mother nature choked the life out of him.

Feel absolutely gutted for Gabby's family - husbands' who've lost their wife are widowers, wives' who've lost their husband are widows, children who've lost their parents are orphans... there are no words to describe a parent who has lost a child.
I'll put my hat into the ring of: he sat under a tree and shot himself, the water came and decomposed him down to bones, here we are.

The more I read about where they found him, the less I think his parents knew where to find him. It sounds like that area has been unsearchable for the last few weeks because of the water and this was the first opportunity to actually search it.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr Janny

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I'll put my hat into the ring of: he sat under a tree and shot himself, the water came and decomposed him down to bones, here we are.

The more I read about where they found him, the less I think his parents knew where to find him. It sounds like that area has been unsearchable for the last few weeks because of the water and this was the first opportunity to actually search it.
Yeah, weren't the parents the ones who told the authorities that he might be in this area quite a while ago? And that's exactly where he ended up being. If they were trying to throw the police off the trail, why would they tell them the correct place to look for him?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I hope he left some kind of note. Because her parents have to be going through hell, and now they probably won't know exactly what happened

While it would certainly help for some kind of clarity, I would imagine there isn't much doubt in their mind what happened. Between the prior incidents and the strangulation it's not hard to glean they got in an argument, he flew off the handle and killed her, ran home to Mommy and realized he was screwed and either offed himself or wasn't able to survive on the run. I can't imagine there's a ton of ambiguity in their mind as to what happened.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Yeah, weren't the parents the ones who told the authorities that he might be in this area quite a while ago? And that's exactly where he ended up being. If they were trying to throw the police off the trail, why would they tell them the correct place to look for him?
It sounds like the parents lead the police to the right area to begin with, but the water levels had to recede to search the area.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Looks like Laundrie's parents were able to settle with Petito's to avoid a civil trial.
I still think the Laundries are scum.

• Agree
Reactions: psycln11 and MJ29