guy to girl ratio that bad in iowa state?

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
I think Chem E is first, IE is next. EE is a distant last.

sadly, I agree.

can't spell "geek" without double E!

I used to lie at parties and say I was El Ed ... it went over much better that way. "I just want to inspire young minds ... and **** like that"

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Go to Education or Human Sciences(formerly known as Family Consumer Sciences). Ladies are everywhere. Most of my classes were 60-80% ladies.

drunkincy

Sep 2, 2009
The EE and Aero E departments are probably the nerdiest. No offense to anyone but it's pretty much true. I completly agree about the IEs being imaginary. My buddy is IE and it's a joke.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
You're a guy, it's not your place to question fashion. Just let the girls wear what they want to wear and appreciate the beauty of the female form.

Good to "appreciate the beauty":

alison_angel_short_skirt_015.jpg

Bad to "appreciate the beauty":

Fat-Chicks--4932.jpg

While wearing roughly the same things, guys have a right to question that fashion. One is dressed juuuuuuuuuuuuust fine, one is dressed not fine.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Here are the approximate m-w ratios:

AG & Life Sci 1:1
Business 2:1
Design 1:1
Engineering 6:1
Human Sci 1:4
Liberal Arts 1:1

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Here are the approximate m-w ratios:

AG & Life Sci 1:1
Business 2:1
Design 1:1
Engineering 6:1
Human Sci 1:4
Liberal Arts 1:1

I was in human sciences for both undergrad and grad work. Pretty much surrounded by ladies for everything except in Helser where I lived. It was total dudes fest.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I was in Kinesiology (college of Human Sciences) and there were plenty of ladies in that area. Good looking with some nice fit bodies. :wink:

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
bah engineering is a 6:1 ratio? f it, it will let me focus on studies more.

Ill just save time on weekends for socializing

skibumspe

Oct 8, 2006
South Korea
Easy now guys. The wife is a KD, and she's still a buck twenty-five:biggrin:.

I know Kendall & I know his wife - she's a good looking, down to earth, normal girl who knows how to have a good time....I would venture to guess every house still has it's share of 'beefies' but realistically, most girls at ISU aren't going to be super hot knockouts but I can definitely say most are attractive, fun loving, party girls - which goes a long way.

I'll take that any day over super hot b*****s who wind up in IA City from Chicago; besides, those girls usually get pretty beat up & by the time they're mid to late 20's or early 30's have all but had their moment in the spotlight. Whereas, the good looking 'average' girls wind up looking the best later on.

Otherwise, just check out what their mom looks like & that's a sure fire way to tell what she'll look like.

Marc936

Oct 25, 2009
I know Kendall & I know his wife - she's a good looking, down to earth, normal girl who knows how to have a good time....I would venture to guess every house still has it's share of 'beefies' but realistically, most girls at ISU aren't going to be super hot knockouts but I can definitely say most are attractive, fun loving, party girls - which goes a long way.

I'll take that any day over super hot b*****s who wind up in IA City from Chicago; besides, those girls usually get pretty beat up & by the time they're mid to late 20's or early 30's have all but had their moment in the spotlight. Whereas, the good looking 'average' girls wind up looking the best later on.

Otherwise, just check out what their mom looks like & that's a sure fire way to tell what she'll look like.

....whats with you people and chicago hate?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Spend a weekend in Iowa City sometimes. About 70% (so it seems, it's probably a little less) of the student body at U of I are kids from Chicago suburbs that didn't get into Illinois. They're (and I'm speaking in very broad generalities here) incredibly arrogant, ***** about living in Iowa constantly, and have this attitude of entitlement. As a whole they are insufferable.

I have met some cool kids from the Chicago suburbs that are not this way at all, but it's seemed more the exception than the rule.

Contrast this to ISU where about 70% of the kids are from Iowa. This kind of behavior/attitude just doesn't really exist in Iowans. There's a strong work ethic and level of respect that most people bring to the table. Not all, but most. My experience is that when someone comes to ISU from out of state, that starts to rub off on them pretty quick, especially if they like it here.

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009

Spend a weekend in Iowa City sometimes. About 70% (so it seems, it's probably a little less) of the student body at U of I are kids from Chicago suburbs that didn't get into Illinois. They're (and I'm speaking in very broad generalities here) incredibly arrogant, ***** about living in Iowa constantly, and have this attitude of entitlement. As a whole they are insufferable.

I have met some cool kids from the Chicago suburbs that are not this way at all, but it's seemed more the exception than the rule.

Contrast this to ISU where about 70% of the kids are from Iowa. This kind of behavior/attitude just doesn't really exist in Iowans. There's a strong work ethic and level of respect that most people bring to the table. Not all, but most. My experience is that when someone comes to ISU from out of state, that starts to rub off on them pretty quick, especially if they like it here.
To echo what Al said, there's a difference between the students (girls in particular) from the Chicago-area who go to Iowa and the students from the Chicago-area who go to Iowa State, and a lot of that has to do with the respective atmospheres of each university.

There were a few girls from Chicago in my sorority. While they were definitely more affluent than most of the girls from smaller Iowa towns, they were all very down-to-earth and great girls. When I had a chance to meet girls from the chapter of my sorority at Iowa, the girls there from Chicago were much different. Very large sense of entitlement and Daddy Buy Me. Not to say that there weren't some very nice girls, but the attitude was worlds apart from what I had encountered at Iowa State.