Help Me Like Beer

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I remember the first beer I actually enjoyed. It wasn't until I was 22. Prior to that, I was just chugging light beers to get wasted. You need to play the field a bit until you find a woman you're actually compatible with. I met my first love one summer afternoon in gramma's fridge: Miller High Life. I still love her, but we have an open relationship. I now love many women. I mean beers.

For a cheap "crappy" beer, the Highlife is one of the best. It's not the champagne of beer for nothing.

Last edited:

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I'm glad over time I've developed a taste for beer mainly as it is often offered to me in a variety of settings. I have my preferences, but can also "stomach" beers that I normally wouldn't buy if given to me.

I'd recommend going to HyVee or a place that does a "mix and match" and for $10 or so you could make a six pack of a variety of beers. I have in-laws that always get me a six pack at Christmas (they usually buy the funny labels/bottles as their way of choosing) and i always enjoy trying whatever it may be...i've found some i like I never would have bought..and learned what ones just don't float my boat.

On a side note....I noticed a few talking about the calories and such. I've always said this (even in college)...what's the goal? is it to get a good buzz? I am the type that then saves the calories and makes a stiff mixed drink vs drinking 6-8 cans of beer.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
Drink a Summer Shandy - Easy good stuff..
Mich Ultra is beer, and its easy to drink.
Coors Light

Those three are beers you can do no wrong with, and doesnt require you to drink beers you need to get use to.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
I hated beer too...then I turned 14 and haven't turned back. Don't get me wrong I love me some whiskey but beer is good for drinking whenever. I feel the need to justify when I am drinking liquor, cant just be because I am walking to the mailbox.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You have to pick a real hot day to do some hard work. Ice down a domestic brew until its COLD cold. Once you're sweaty and really thirsty, pop the top and take a big drink. You'll realize that beer is pretty damm good.

This is what I came on this thread to post almost exactly. I guess us old man beer drinkers think alike. It is about the thirst - hot and dusty - along with a really ice cold beginner's beer.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Start with wheat beer, 312, shock top, boulevard wheat, blue moon. Should be able to find those anywhere. Or order coors light/bud light, super cold and it has 0 flavor.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
Didn't really like beer heading into college so I would just chew some gum while drinking. A little unconventional but it got me through until I acquired the taste.

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
Didn't really like beer heading into college so I would just chew some gum while drinking. A little unconventional but it got me through until I acquired the taste.

No joke this is similar to what i did as well ... Now i know what kind of beers i enjoy ... Also as others have said, beer flights are a great way to develop your palette and figure out what suits your taste ...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Go to the store and "make" your own six pack. It costs more, but you get quite the variety, and it will help you figure out what you like. I still make my own six packs from time to time because I like to try new things.

[video=youtube;O-jOEAufDQ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-jOEAufDQ4[/video]