Huggins might be in trouble, DUI is good, Bees are bad

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
WVU should just fire him with cause and site the DUI and his comments that got him in trouble earlier as reasons to terminate his contract. Just cut the cord and move on and let the lawyers figure it out. Either way they may have to come to some settlement to part ways but just put to rest any ideas he has of being reinstated.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
WVU should just fire him with cause and site the DUI and his comments that got him in trouble earlier as reasons to terminate his contract. Just cut the cord and move on and let the lawyers figure it out. Either way they may have to come to some settlement to part ways but just put to rest any ideas he has of being reinstated.

But if charges weren’t pressed against him, could they use that as cause for firing? Unless I’m mistaken, if charges aren’t pressed, it’s as if it never happened.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I think this gets into a sticky area. You would think they have all right to fire for cause. BUT, there have been lawsuits and cases where something like an addiction is deemed a health condition and the plaintiffs have won. I remember reading about them over the years but certainly can't point to what states or even when. No idea if that could apply to alcoholism in West Virginia.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
A new statement and more details from Huggins.
Gotta love going with the formal "Robert" as well as "WVU Head Basketball Coach" in the heading
This isn't going away anytime soon

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
But if charges weren’t pressed against him, could they use that as cause for firing? Unless I’m mistaken, if charges aren’t pressed, it’s as if it never happened.
The bodycam footage, which can be obtained via FOIA, likely has already made its way around the interwebs is enough. I recall a coach being fired for photos drinking with coeds.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Gotta love going with the formal "Robert" as well as "WVU Head Basketball Coach" in the heading

Surely his speech to the team was recorded and can shine some light on the factuality of what the most recent letter states.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
He isn’t getting his job back but if he’s correct that the university put out a statement on his behalf…he’s gonna get PAID.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
He isn’t getting his job back but if he’s correct that the university put out a statement on his behalf…he’s gonna get PAID.
He doesn't deserve any more payment, then, other than what comes to him from 'voluntarily resigning, which I think he did. He could have been fired, which he wasn't. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Huggins has enough money as it is. Either way, but especially the way his current lawyer is playing this, it is not going to go well for him.

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Not acknowledging what the "mistake" was that he's admitting doing.

Smart verbiage
I would think that contract has some 'bringing negative attention to the school' type language. He's done that , well, 3 times now actually.
As his reputation tumbles further into the crapper.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron