Huggins might be in trouble, DUI is good, Bees are bad

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The bodycam footage, which can be obtained via FOIA, likely has already made its way around the interwebs is enough. I recall a coach being fired for photos drinking with coeds.
A different time.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Given the high profile nature of this, does seem a little strange they allowed him to resign via email from his wife’s email account.
You’d think they’d want something clearly in writing or signed by him.
Yea the wife's email thing seems ridiculous

wenkeej

Dec 28, 2015
Cambridge
Given the high profile nature of this, does seem a little strange they allowed him to resign via email from his wife’s email account.
You’d think they’d want something clearly in writing or signed by him.
It does seem odd, but the sheer amount of evidence provided in the WVU response, specifically all the communication with Huggins' lawyer, makes it seem like his goose is cooked.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Yea the wife's email thing seems ridiculous
WVU’s explanation if that makes a lot more sense. Bob (through his attorney) asked to use his wife’s email since he doesn’t use email and his attorney was having computer issues, they asked for the acceptable language, and his attorney confirmed with WVU that they had received it. With hindsight they should have gotten something from him in writing because it now looks like Huggins is trying to screw them over, but it wasn’t exactly crazy what they did.

I’m also biased because I have never liked Huggins, but there’s no indication him signing anything would have prevented this. He’d probably say it wasn’t his signature/it was under duress (and I guess it’s possible they asked him to sign something at a later date and he refused)

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
So if he never resigned can the players transfer eligibility status be revoked? Interesting circumstances.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
So if he never resigned can the players transfer eligibility status be revoked? Interesting circumstances.
Alternatively, can more athletes transfer utilize the 30-day window since this would be another coaching change?

towny

Jul 13, 2023
I think WVU botched this by not following contract language and will end up sending coach Huggins money to go away.

The school is in bad shape financially and really does not need unbudgeted expenses due to administrative malfeasance. Their president Gee needs to retire, he's 80.

Huggins will go down as a bad guy but clearly doesn't care. He turned on Cincinnati. Then walked from KSU after they threw him a lifeline. So there is nothing new here with him. He is just another arrogant, petulant, self-serving, wealthy coach.

Last edited:

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Obviously Huggins has not moved on yet. I find Gee and AD are making a big mistake by letting this fester. What will happen when fall practice starts?

https://www.si.com/college/westvirg...-about-where-things-stand-between-huggins-wvu
Has it really been festering though? I haven’t really heard anything about it recently. And it seems like the attorneys are probably trying reach a settlement that works for both parties. I feel like the other only other options are caving to Huggins (which they aren’t going to do) or telling Huggins to get over it or sue (which they probably don’t want to do).

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
K. State not letting WVU take the brawl crown without a fight. ISU gave it up after banning VEISHA.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
K. State not letting WVU take the brawl crown without a fight. ISU gave it up after banning VEISHA.

Could be Stanz’s first Emaw beat

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Why is this un bee livable? If he has gotten sober what is the big deal if he wants to coach again? Sure he doesnt have a great track record but its a disease, nothing to mock.

Agree Eustachy rehabbed and came back.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway

"WTRF hosts “Full Court Press” which begins a new season on Nov., 7. According to the station’s post, The former head basketball coach for West Virginia University will draw on his extensive experience and knowledge to provide valuable insights, analysis and exclusive stories.”