Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Reactions: ClonesTwenty1

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Id be curious what that might be.

There was certainly cause to initiate with him given he was struggling with a shredded tire at the time, so they couldnt get the stop thrown away for lack of probable cause.

And even if they were able to get the breathalyzer result thrown out somehow, the testimony of the officer along with any camera footage would seem enough to get a conviction.
Just having a lawyer for any traffic violation is usually enough to get it taken care of. Had a friend when I was in college get pulled over for going 130 in a 45, family lawyered up and it was dismissed and they just had to do community service. If you have money the legal system works for you for most of these cases where their wasn’t a person injured by your actions.

Reactions: drmwevr08

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
It's sad how many long tenured successful coaches are forced to end their careers on such sour notes. Although in this case, Huggins did it all to himself.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
It's sad how many long tenured successful coaches are forced to end their careers on such sour notes. Although in this case, Huggins did it all to himself.
I think what you’re seeing is a lot of coaches that come from an era when things that shouldn’t have been, were tolerated. They haven’t evolved like they should have.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I think what you’re seeing is a lot of coaches that come from an era when things that shouldn’t have been, were tolerated. They haven’t evolved like they should have.
It’s this. Johnny and his crew were known for their frequent benders.

Reactions: Jer

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Just having a lawyer for any traffic violation is usually enough to get it taken care of. Had a friend when I was in college get pulled over for going 130 in a 45, family lawyered up and it was dismissed and they just had to do community service. If you have money the legal system works for you for most of these cases where their wasn’t a person injured by your actions.

I imagine most people have lawyers for DUIs though, and most don't get off with no charges.

• Agree
Reactions: stateofmind

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I imagine most people have lawyers for DUIs though, and most don't get off with no charges.
Legit have no idea if that’s common or not. Apparently some states let the first DUI just result in probation so I would imagine no lawyers for those but no clue if that’s correct.

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
Is there a case where Bob is on the side of the road with a shredded tire with the car off (obviously not driving) that invalidates the DUI charge? If the cops didn't witness a crime being committed (ie driving under the influence), does that hold up to have charges dismissed? I mean we all know he was driving drunk as a skunk but is this the route his lawyer is trying?

• Agree
Reactions: cychhosis

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Is there a case where Bob is on the side of the road with a shredded tire with the car off (obviously not driving) that invalidates the DUI charge? If the cops didn't witness a crime being committed (ie driving under the influence), does that hold up to have charges dismissed? I mean we all know he was driving drunk as a skunk but is this the route his lawyer is trying?
Which is what you don’t talk to police… you may just get out of what you are truly guilty of. It’s their burden… don’t make it easy on them and therefore hard on yourself.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I felt the slightest tinge of sympathy initially, thinking he was probably an alcoholic perhaps from a stressful high profile job.

This just makes me want him to go to jail.

We live in a world where poor people never get a break and people with power get off driving at .21 or get charged with a first offense on their third arrest.

Yeah, this will cement "slimeball" as my perception of him. No real change, but he sounded accountable in that resignation/retirement statement. This will be fun to watch, but nasty of him.

Just own it and leave, Bob.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Which is what you don’t talk to police… you may just get out of what you are truly guilty of. It’s their burden… don’t make it easy on them and therefore hard on yourself.

Or, hear me out here, why you just don't drink and drive.
Billions of people live their whole lives without the combination. To this day, I have no respect for anyone who willingly puts themselves in that situation. Leave the good things for responsible people. Let people like this fall by the wayside.

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Or, hear me out here, why you just don't drink and drive.
Billions of people live their whole lives without the combination. To this day, I have no respect for anyone who willingly puts themselves in that situation. Leave the good things for responsible people. Let people like this fall by the wayside.
That goes without saying, but you needed to hear it?

The point of my reply wasn’t about what you should or shouldn’t do that is illegal. Simply it is just in your best interest AFTER GETTING CAUGHT, to STFU.

• Agree
  • Dumb
Reactions: ISUCubswin and Gorm

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I've never really quit such a high profile job. Anyone know if it's normal for a coach to "sign" a resignation?

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I've never really quit such a high profile job. Anyone know if it's normal for a coach to "sign" a resignation?
Not necessarily high profile but contract employment does have these things laid out for clarity to each party.

What is odd for me here is having a team meeting saying you’re done, and then come back saying psych!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not necessarily high profile but contract employment does have these things laid out for clarity to each party.

What is odd for me here is having a team meeting saying you’re done, and then come back saying psych!
And his daughter's rant too.

Reactions: keepngoal

Help Support Us

Become a patron