If the B12 remains intact and moves forward

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
And you put all four of them in the East division with Baylor and West Virginia. The original Big 8 schools plus TCU and Texas Tech are in the West.

This is my preference assuming they decide BYU and Boise are just as valuable as Memphis and Houston. Otherwise take the money.
I can't see Boise State due to it being the farthest school away even though they have had decent content in the past. Although one thing I do wonder is if the B12 had BYU and BSU would the league get more money if they played some 9 cst games like the PAC does. It could make BSU a better add. With CSU in MST could they start at 8pm their time if it adds value?I think if those schools were looked at those are 13 or 14 type additions and I would be surprised if they go past 12. The 1st 4 have to be BYU, Houston, UCF and Cincy.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
People, we all know how this turns out.

Inspired by an ISU Cinderella CFP National Championship victory, there is a sunden groundswell of support to save the Big XII.

2022 is an election year. The Governors of TX, OK, AR, and NE are all up for relection.

The new governor of Oklahoma, an OSU grad, tells OU to knock this crap off our you will lose a half billion dollars a year in funding to make up for the economic damages you caused to Stillwater and Tulsa. OU publicly denounces its application to the SEC and reapplies to the Big XII.

The new Texas governor, a Tech grad, not to be out done by the new OK governor, proclaims they are going to take back Texas from all these other carpetbagger conferences and promptly orders UT and aTm to apply for application to the Big XII or else they will lose a billion dollars a year in funding. They cry out "Remember the Alamo!" And promptly apply for admission to the Big XII.

Arkansas's new governor decides to end years of futility in the SEC and orders the Razorbacks to apply for admission to the Big XII.

Missouri, still pissed at getting stuck in the eastern division, says "Screw it. At least the Jayhawks gave a crap about playing us." They promptly apply for admission to the Big XII.

Colorado, pissed that the Pac 12 is going to unequal revenue sharing of one small ass paycheck, looks at Nebraska through squinting eyes and a cloud of bong smoke and says "Looks like the gang is getting back together, bro. What do you say? Are you in?" Nebraska immediately has flashbacks to the glory days of the 90's and starts drooling all over itself while nodding slowly.

West Virginia whines, "What about us? We need someone closer to play in the Conference!"

Everyone then looks at Cincinnati. Cincinnati then proclaims they would happily throw piss bombs and batteries at West Virginia. Mysteriously, numerous couches in Morgantown spontaneously burst into flames

Houston starts crying, "What about us? I thought we were taking Texas back!" Everyone looks at Houston and replies in unison "Shut the **** up Donnie!"

The Big XVI becomes the first super conference headlined by defending National CFP Champions Iowa State.
Jim Beam does wonders.

• Haha
Reactions: DarkStar

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
We would all still like to keep the power conference option open. Thus, I see a short term expansion without an extended GOR. I can't see anybody coming over from the AAC without a new GOR signed. BYU is an independent and checks all the boxes. Boise State is a national brand and has been passed over. Though they are in a conference, they may take the risk and come to the Big 12. They would have 3-4 years of playoff access playing big dogs Iowa State, Texas, and Oklahoma. I assume we can circumvent Texas and OU in voting them in. The issue is money. ESPN will want to tie giving the Big 12 more money with a lower exit fee for OU and Texas. Screw that. Fox may give us more. Overall, we maybe would have a lower per team payout but adding 2 good brands could give some positive momentum. It could show we would have a power league status when Texas and OU bolt.

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
Everyone says its about streaming numbers and not markets but then turns around
and says we have too many teams from Texas when Houston is mentioned. In state games get more coverage and intensity of viewers. Adding UH will also help intensify the viewers for all Texahoma games, IMO even when UH isn't involved.. Yes UH doesn't get great attendance but this is about tv money. 4 teams in Texas will help media coverage in the state also and will keep the B12 relevant to recruits. UH BYU, Cincy and UCF is not the old Big 12 but maybe can contend with the ACC and PAC some years. I doubt Memphis &CSU as 13 & 14 add enough value.
Houston is the 4th largest metro area in the USA, it is arguably the city which produces the most future NFL players in the USA and it just happens to be where the SEC recruits a ton of their FB players from, so why wouldn't it make sense to have a member from Houston? I suppose it is arguable whether the University of Houston is that school, but if it isn't, who is? And, do we really want to give up the opportunity to have a footing and following in the 4th largest city in the USA, which might just be the most FB crazed city in the USA?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Houston is the 4th largest metro area in the USA, it is arguably the city which produces the most future NFL players in the USA and it just happens to be where the SEC recruits a ton of their FB players from, so why wouldn't it make sense to have a member from Houston? I suppose it is arguable whether the University of Houston is that school, but if it isn't, who is? And, do we really want to give up the opportunity to have a footing and following in the 4th largest city in the USA, which might just be the most FB crazed city in the USA?
Texas A&M is considered the Houston school. They are next door to it.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclones1969

cysmiley

Jun 30, 2012
Agree with this, since we are on life support for next four years, why not add Houston, Cincy, USF, and UCF next year. We have moaning how no one looks at anything but blue blood status, so we certainly can generate numbers in Ohio, Texas and Florida markets to prove our point, plus give ESPN a big12 kick to the nuts of their AAC plans and I hope they forgot their nut cup!! :p :):oops:

Plus we could schedule a Texas vs. Houston conference game next year in Houston!!:D See how Ohio numbers do Cincy vis a vis tOSU and Florida numbers are against FSU and Gators vis a vis UCF and USF. Prove that college football is more than ESPN/Disney lining their pockets. Maybe schedule some games for Oklahoma vs insurgent new members who have something to prove. :jimlad:

Reactions: HawaiiClone

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
This expansion go around has taught me two things: 1) I loathe posts about pod arrangements, maps of proposed teams and 2) the terms “stability”, “no value” and “move the needle” are more indicative of the person saying them being an absolute freaking tool.
You go, Wendy!!!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
BYU has Jamie's attention first. Makes a lot of sense to stablize the conference, bring a national brand, and no BOR to navigate when they can join.

Reactions: CYCLNST8 and 2076

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
A MWC team or MAC maybe. They barely make squat. AAC, doesn't make a lot but they are the tallest midget of the G5s by a ways.

AAC is the tallest midget? Reminds me of a comedian's line from long ago, paraphrased for this: The B12 told me the AAC wasn't fit to sling bear guts, but I defended the AAC. I said they were too.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Additions would have to be:
BYU
Houston

Others vying for the other two spots?
UCF
Cinci
Boise State
Memphis
S. Florida
Louisiana Lafayette

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
BYU
Houston

UCF
Cinci
Boise State
Memphis
S. Florida
Louisiana Lafayette

I thought about UL as a "go bold/anticipatory/creative/off-map" type of move IF NewXII wanted to go all the way to 16 eventually. Another in that category, rarely mentioned, is New Mexico, if there's dipping into MWC. I don't know how much viewership potential there is for those. That's all cart-well-before-horse stuff.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
I thought about UL as a "go bold/anticipatory/creative/off-map" type of move IF NewXII wanted to go all the way to 16 eventually. Another in that category, rarely mentioned, is New Mexico, if there's dipping into MWC. I don't know how much viewership potential there is for those. That's all cart-well-before-horse stuff.
I agree. I think they'd definitely be a darkhorse selection but I could see it for sure. Odds increase if conference moves to 14 or 16.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
BYU
Houston

UCF
Cinci
Boise State
Memphis
S. Florida
Louisiana Lafayette

I think we will take BYU plus three American schools, which will push the American down to 8 football schools.

The American will call Boise first before adding Louisiana, UAB, App State, and one more (maybe Southern Miss). And then C-USA and the Sun Belt will scrap with each other and one will eventually add Liberty or some other independent. Maybe New Mexico State gets back in.

Help Support Us

Become a patron